Call for Proposals: Facilitating and Conducting a Team Building and Change Management Exercise
UN Women SARO
UN Women is the UN organisation dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. . In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women to accelerate the Organization’s goals on gender equality and the empowerment of women.
The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system, which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Within the Global Mandate, UN Women, SARO office in Johannesburg, is committed to building an environment for team matrixed staff engagement and high performance for the achievement of the UNW Mandate within the ongoing change management process that will be rolled out in 2013.
Duration of the Consultancy: 5 days including preparation and report writing
Reporting to: Regional Director, UN Women SARO
Goals and Objectives of the Retreat:
The Overall Goals and Objectives of the Retreat will aim to address the following:
- To create a team in which all members feel and are valued by creating an environment where their voices are heard and strengths fully utilised; and
- To assist UN Women South Africa office to build a strong and effective team with a clear vision, goals and targets embedded in key UN values of integrity, respect and professionalism.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the team through participatory and constructive analysis using recognised tools and methods for this purpose;
- To agree on a clear vision, strategic goals and set meaningful and achievable targets and actions;
- To assist the team to develop an operational culture that is positive and supportive where all team members are respected and are unified by a strong sense of values and guiding principles; and
- Managing conflict.
In consultation with the Regional Programme Director and staff the consultant will:
- Hold pre team building consultation with the Regional Programme Director and staff to elaborate further and consolidate the workshop objectives and agenda;
- Facilitate the team building retreat through the use of participatory and empowering methodologies ensuring equal participation of all staff; and
- Develop a plan of action for the SRO team based on retreat agreements and recommendations.
- Retreat agenda;
- Team Building Retreat Facilitated; and
- Retreat Report and agreed Plan of Action.
The following skills and qualifications are necessary for the assignment:
- Degree or postgraduate academic qualification in human/organisational psychology development and human resources management;
- More than 10 years experience in the area of building teams for corporates, HR development, coaching and leadership development;
- Knowledge and/or experience of working in private and public sector organisations;
- Proven experience in facilitation and conduct of team building workshops
- Experience in working with or in international organisations with diverse and multi-cultural staff will be an asset; and
- Commitment to gender equality and women’s rights and strong team working skills.
The staff retreat will take place from 5-8 February 2013 including travel days at Valley Lodge in Magaliesburg.
Contract and Remuneration
An Institutional Contract/Special Service Agreement will be issued in accordance with UN WOMEN rules and regulations. The first payment of the 20 percent will be made upon submission and approval of Team Building approach/process to be followed for the two days retreat. The second payment of 80 percent will be made upon submission of the Retreat Report and Action Plan to be followed for 2013 and beyond.
Payments as subscribed above will only be made when deliverables have been reviewed and deemed acceptable to UN Women.
The material arising from the consultancy shall be the property of UN WOMEN and cannot be used without the express consent of UN WOMEN.
To apply, submit company/individual profile, CVs and fees to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For more about UN Women, refer to www.unwomen.org.
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.