Kindernothilfe (KNH) is one of the largest Christian organisations in Europe for children's aid. Kindernothilfe (KNH) strives to achieve a world in which children and young people can live a life of human dignity, develop personal talents and, together with their families and communities, take their development into their own hands.
Today, KNH supports more than 600 000 children and young people in 29 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
KNH is calling for proposals from consultants or agencies interested in conducting a cross-sectional evaluation of three KNH NGO partners (two based in Durban and one in East London) to begin in July 2012.
In South Africa, KNH works with several partners in four provinces. The work of three of these partners is strongly focused on HIV/AIDS prevention activities for children and youth. In order to reach this goal, it employs a variety of different strategies that include:
- Sharing of basic information on HIV/AIDS;
- Education on values, gender roles and healthy relationships;
- Training of peer educators to reach out to their peers and their communities;
- Training of educators to create a caring school environment;
- Working with parents to create safe homes for children and youth.
The partners who will have their activities evaluated are iThemba Lethu (Durban), Youth for Christ / KwaZulu-Natal (Durban) and Scripture Union (East London).
Attached are the terms of reference for a cross-sectional evaluation. The assignment shall be conducted between the time of signing the contract (late June or early July 2012) and the presentation of the main findings during a workshop to KNH partners, preferably near the end September. The final report shall be submitted into October.
Interested consultants or agencies should develop a proposal, which should include:
- Their understanding of the ToR;
- A suggested methodology to be applied proposed time schedule;
- CVs of the persons involved in the evaluation with their roles and responsibilities;
- References on similar assignments already conducted;
- A detailed financial offer.
Proposals should be submitted to the KNH Country Coordinator in South Africa, Phil Donnell at email@example.com.
Enquiries: Tel: 084 624 8448. Contact Phil on for the Terms of Reference.
For more about Kindernothilfe, refers to en.kindernothilfe.org.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.