Savanna Trust, Department of University of Zimbabwe Theatre Arts Department,
Savanna Trust, in collaboration with the Department of Theatre Arts at the University of Zimbabwe, is calling for proposals from artists, media experts, civic society leaders, academics and human rights activists for the upcoming 4th Protest Arts International Festival, taking place from 25-27 October 2012 in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The theme for this year is ‘Protest Arts, Culture and Democracy: Imagining and Inventing the Future’.
Festival symposium sub-theme:
- Crisis protest arts and democratic engagement;
- Imagining alternative spaces, venues and audiences for protest arts;
- Protest arts, innovation and aesthetic excellence for the 21st Century;
- The media and protest arts: prospects and challenges for the future;
- Aesthetics of protest and the politics of transition and constitution-making process;
- Protest arts and the struggle of the everyday: gender, race, ethnicity and classism;
- Artistic/aesthetic dimensions of protest marches and demonstrations: Prospects and challenges;
- Globalisation and Protest Arts: The present and the future;
- Arts, culture, religion and the prophetic voice for democracy.
Submission of abstracts of performance/workshop/exhibition proposals:
Abstracts and proposals of between 200 and 350 words should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Due to overwhelming interest in the festival the organisers are unable to fund travel and accommodation for all successful regional and international participants. However, the festival will assist prospective participants who want support letters etc to secure own funding.
For more about the 4th protest Arts International Festival, refer to www.arterialnetwork.org/news/4th-protest-arts-international-festival.
For more about the Savanna Trust, refer to www.savannatrust.org.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.