South African National AIDS Council (SANAC)
The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) is the highest body that advises Government on all HIV- and TB-related policies, programmes and interventions in line with the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs. SANAC consists of government, business and various civil society sectors who are engaged in programmes and advocacy to drive an evidence-informed and comprehensive response to HIV and TB across the country.
The specific objectives of SANAC are to:
- Advise government on HIV, STIs and TB policy and strategy, and related matters;
- Create and strengthen partnerships for an expanded national response to HIV, TB, STIs and the social determinants thereof;
- Receive and disseminate all sectoral HIV-related reports and highlight best practice;
- Oversee continual monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of the National Strategies Plan on HIV, STIs and TB 2012-2016.
SANAC, which is chaired by the Deputy President of the Republic of South Africa, invites nominations of candidates for consideration to represent civil society sectors on the Council.
Sector nominees should have experience in the development, implementation and assessment of HIV-/TB-related services and programmes, including those programmes designed to mitigate the impact of the epidemics in the community. For the purposes of this call, it should be noted that a sector consists of a group of organisations working in one or more programmes aligned to the response to the HIV and TB epidemics, as defined in the National Strategies Plan on HIV, STIs and TB 2012-2016.
Nominees from the following sectors will be considered:
- Faith-based organisations;
- Higher education;
- Law and human rights;
- NGOs and CBOs;
- Organisations representing people living with HIV and AIDS;
- Sports and entertainment;
- Traditional leaders;
- Women; and
The following should be noted:
- Nominations must be in the form of a motivation letter, accompanied by the resume of the nominee;
- Serving on the council will be on voluntary basis;
- Nominees must be persons of good standing who possess the requisite knowledge and experience to serve on the council;
- The submission should include the geographical spread of your sector’s operation and reach;
- Information on the number of organisations affiliated the sector;
- A one-page letter stating your sector’s vision and contribution to SANAC;
- A summary of two programmes that the sector has implemented over the last two years;
- All nominees must be South African citizens and be resident in South Africa;
- Self-nominations will not be considered;
- A Special Review Panel will be constituted to screen all nominations, as well as compile a shortlist of candidates to be considered for appointment. Members contributing to the Review Panel will not be eligible for nomination.
Nominations must be addressed to:
2nd Floor, West Wing
Office of the Deputy President
Enquiries: Doreen Nkosi, Tel: 012 300 5283, E-mail: email@example.com
For more about the South African National AIDS Council, refer to www.sanac.org.za.
For more about the Presidency, refer to www.thepresidency.gov.za.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.