Call for Applications: LGBTI Capacity Development Programme
Hivos SA & Positive Vibes
Hivos – the Humanist Institute for Cooperation with Developing Countries, in partnership with Positive Vibes (a Namibian-based training and facilitation organisation), is conducting a three-year Capacity Development Programme for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) organisations in Southern Africa.
The objective of this programme is to strengthen the LGBTI movement in Southern Africa through increased organisational capacity and enhanced knowledge and skills of the LGBTI organisations and activists.
The programme will specifically focus on supporting individual LGBTI rights activists and groups of LGBTI people in their demands for respect of their fundamental human rights and access to services through personalised training aiming to increase self-efficacy and develop a range of communication and advocacy skills that will enable them to much more effectively engage with authorities and key stakeholders in the community.
Through the core training, as well as through access to ongoing coaching and additional organisational development interventions, the involved organisations will have access to support in terms of e.g. developing clarity on their vision and mission, strategising and planning, designing and implementing communication and advocacy strategies, strengthening of technical skills as needed, for example, financial management, project planning and report writing.
Note: Two management/leader members per organisation must be willing and able (costs will be covered by the programme) to attend the launch of the programme from 2-5 October 2012 in Windhoek, Namibia.
Interested organisations should provide the following information:
- Name of organisation;
- Organisation's target beneficiaries;
- Physical address;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Contact person.
- What is the history of the organisation? When was it formed, why it was formed? (no more than 200 words)
- What is your organisation/movement’s vision, mission and objectives?
- What is your organisation's greatest success in the work undertaken? (no more than 250 words);
- What tactics does your organisation use in your intervention work? What are the success and challenges of tactics used? (no more than 350 words).
- Please explain what you feel you will gain from your organisation's participation in the Capacity Development Programme. (no more than 200 words);
- List the five top areas you feel your organisation would need to learn more about that you would like to see covered in the Capacity Development Programme and why these areas are important to your organisation's development;
- What capacity development interventions has your organisation received that are related to areas identified under the Capacity Development Programme's content. Briefly describe what these were and what your organisation gained from them;
- Provide any other information that you consider relevant.
Inquiries: Lee Mondry, Hivos-SA Senior Programme Officer, Tel: +27 11 726 1090, E-mail: Lee@hivos.co.za, Fax: +27 86 262 4916.
Organisations interested in participating in this Capacity Development Programme should e-mail to Lee Mondry, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about Hivos, refer to www.hivos.nl/eng.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.