Businesswomen’s Association of South Africa (BWASA)
The Businesswomen's Association (BWA) is a nonprofit, voluntary organisation committed to offering real value in the form of leading and training, connecting and supporting members and South African business. The Businesswomen’s Association of South Africa (BWASA) is the largest Association of women in business in South Africa and the voice of women in business.
The BWASA Head Office seeks to appoint a Finance Manager, based in Killarney, Gauteng.
S/he will oversee its 11 regional branches, establish and maintain financial and management procedures for BWA. S/he will ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements as relating to the Companies Act.
This is a part-time, five days per week contract position.
- Maintain day-to-day financial control agreed by the trustee board;
- Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored;
- Support the Honorary Treasurer in the provision of information;
- Advise on the proper allocation of resources;
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use at all times;
- Prepare and review detailed budgets for approval by the governing body in conjunction with the Honorary Treasurer and/or appropriate Sub-Committee;
- Make regular reports to the governing body on income, expenditure and any variations from budgets;
- Ensure that all financial reporting obligations are met in relation to submissions for funding, for grant aid, for contracts and any other initiatives;
- Act as cheque signatory for and authorise expenditure up to limits as agreed by the governing body;
- Draft annual financial statements and liaise with external Auditors.
Planning and development
- Assess options for coordinating the activities, procedures and systems so as to promote common policies and practices;
- Advise the governing body on financial issues.
- Maintain appropriate relations with funders and make financial reports as necessary, ensuring compliance with any contracts;
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for funded development of the service and to submit bids and applications accordingly.
- Proven administrative, leadership and management ability in the areas of strategic planning and organisational development;
- Ability to devise and implement strategic development and resource plans;
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work, handle pressure and take day-to-day decisions on the running of the organisation;
- Ability to develop, monitor and maintain management information systems and procedures;
- Experience of financial responsibility for a budget, including experience of accounting guidelines, end of year accounts and external liaison with auditors;
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone with individuals and with a wide variety of organisations and audiences and to research, analyse and interpret complex information and produce clear verbal and written reports;
- Ability to lead and to contribute to the team;
- Understanding of equalities and diversity best practice and legislative requirements in relation to service delivery, business development and recruitment of staff and volunteers.
- Chartered Accountant (SA) or part qualified;
- Strong academic portfolio with a proven track record.
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar role.
Salary: R195 000 – R220 000 per annum pro-rata.
To apply, submit a CV, your BWA Membership number and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Stella Kasongo, Tel: 086 000 0041, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted on Wednesday 2 May 2012 in Johannesburg.
Should you hear from BWASA in two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful. Applicant profiles will be kept on BWA database for future reference.
For more about the Businesswomen’s Association of South Africa, refer to www.bwasa.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.