Business and Arts South Africa (BASA)
The Business and Arts South Africa (BASA) is an internationally recognised South African development agency which incorporates the arts into, and contributes to, corporates' commercial success. With a suite of integrated programmes, BASA encourages mutually beneficial partnerships between business and the arts. BASA was founded in 1997 as a joint initiative of government and the business sector to secure the future development of the arts industry in South Africa, through increased corporate sector involvement. Established as a Non Profit Company, BASA NPC is accountable to both government and its business members.
BASA seeks to appoint a Marketing and Operations Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will market and manage the relationships between Business and Arts.
- Induction of new sub-ordinate staff members;
- Provide support to recruitment activities when necessary;
- Monitor absenteeism (sick leave or otherwise);
- In co-operation with the CEO, review job design and specifications of positions and functions;
- In co-operation with the CEO, do staff evaluations, monitor compliance with rules and regulations in line with the HR Policy.
- Manage the BASA Brand in co-operation with the CEO;
- Liaise with Business and Arts South Africa graphic designers;
- In co-operation with the CEO, provide direction and leadership to programmatic and institutional marketing;
- Manage media partnerships (Including all other projects in the Special Projects portfolio);
- Liaise with public relations and publicity service providers;
- Responsible for BASA website and communication through all formal and informal channels - BASA database and social networks, responsible for Bulletins and Newsletters.
Client relationship management
- Oversee the monitoring of benefits and services to members;
- Monitor member's activities and support where possible;
- Identify and approach potential new members;
- Oversee management of members' events;
- Oversee communication to members;
- Oversee management of annual membership fees.
- Oversee and ensure the smooth running of the BASA Mentorship programme, Basic programme, Boardbank programme and Supporting Grant Scheme;
- Responsible for overall accountability for the annual Business Day BASA Awards, supported by Anglo American resides with the Marketing and Operations Manager;
- Support the production and management of BASA Research.
- Liaise with regional representatives;
- Short-term organisational planning;
- Review organisational systems and ensure smooth running;
- Manage the production process of the Annual Report.
- Understanding of the NGO environment;
- Experience in Grant will be an advantage;
- Understanding of the funding and sponsorship landscape of the arts;
- Experience in marketing;
- Experience in public relations;
- People management and public speaking skills;
- Organisational management experience;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Suite and GIMP;
- Experience with HTML and website content management will be an advantage;
- Designing ability and/or basic understanding of this will be an advantage
- Communication skills (oral and written);
- Presentation skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Leadership competence;
- Strategic mindset and ability to think conceptually;
- Creativity and strategic mindset;
- Attention to detail;
- Results orientation;
- Outgoing disposition;
- Analytical approach;
- Well presented;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
To apply, submit a CV to Clive H Viveiros at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Business and Arts South Africa, refer to www.basa.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.