Business and Arts South Africa: Marketing and Operations Manager
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 16:37
Business and Arts South Africa (BASA)
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, May 9, 2012
BASA seeks to appoint a Marketing and Operations Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will market and manage the relationships between Business and Arts.
- Induction of new sub-ordinate staff members;
- Provide support to recruitment activities when necessary;
- Monitor absenteeism (sick leave or otherwise);
- In co-operation with the CEO, review job design and specifications of positions and functions;
- In co-operation with the CEO, do staff evaluations, monitor compliance with rules and regulations in line with the HR Policy.
- Manage the BASA Brand in co-operation with the CEO;
- Liaise with Business and Arts South Africa graphic designers;
- In co-operation with the CEO, provide direction and leadership to programmatic and institutional marketing;
- Manage media partnerships (Including all other projects in the Special Projects portfolio);
- Liaise with public relations and publicity service providers;
- Responsible for BASA website and communication through all formal and informal channels - BASA database and social networks, responsible for Bulletins and Newsletters.
- Oversee the monitoring of benefits and services to members;
- Monitor member's activities and support where possible;
- Identify and approach potential new members;
- Oversee management of members' events;
- Oversee communication to members;
- Oversee management of annual membership fees.
- Oversee and ensure the smooth running of the BASA Mentorship programme, Basic programme, Boardbank programme and Supporting Grant Scheme;
- Responsible for overall accountability for the annual Business Day BASA Awards, supported by Anglo American resides with the Marketing and Operations Manager;
- Support the production and management of BASA Research.
- Liaise with regional representatives;
- Short-term organisational planning;
- Review organisational systems and ensure smooth running;
- Manage the production process of the Annual Report.
- Understanding of the NGO environment;
- Experience in Grant will be an advantage;
- Understanding of the funding and sponsorship landscape of the arts;
- Experience in marketing;
- Experience in public relations;
- People management and public speaking skills;
- Organisational management experience;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Suite and GIMP;
- Experience with HTML and website content management will be an advantage;
- Designing ability and/or basic understanding of this will be an advantage
- Communication skills (oral and written);
- Presentation skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Leadership competence;
- Strategic mindset and ability to think conceptually;
- Creativity and strategic mindset;
- Attention to detail;
- Results orientation;
- Outgoing disposition;
- Analytical approach;
- Well presented;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Business and Arts South Africa, refer to www.basa.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.