Studietrust (NPO 000-601) (est. 1974) is a national bursary agency that fights poverty, ignorance and exploitation by making educational opportunities available to young persons with the academic potential but without the financial means. Studietrust seeks to appoint a bursary administrator to work in its head office in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will report to the Bursary Manager, working as a member of a team of bursary administrators and liaise with donors, financial aid offices at educational institutions and bursars. S/he will have proven administrative and IT skills, a thorough knowledge of the higher education environment (preferably gained through personal experience), a passion for helping young people realise their potential and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintenance of student files and database, ensuring data integrity;
- Management of student payments and debtors;
- Assist in managing the bursary departments’ budget;
- Administering student budgets and reimbursements;
- Management of student contracts with donors;
- Verification of student documentation (ID, income, etc);
- Liaison with study institutions regarding student accounts and results;
- Handle student queries (administrative & financial) & follow-ups;
- Follow up on & administer academic progress of bursars;
- Compilation, reconciliation, research and presentation of status/annual reports to donors;
- Arrange and book campus visits (students and institutions);
- NSFAS loan application administration (means test & contracts, liaison, consultation).
- Relevant qualification, accounting diploma will be an added advantage;
- Advanced computer skills: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Well organised/disciplined/self-motivated/professional and mature;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Proven record of being able to work in a team;
- Proven record of having good interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in African languages will be an added advantage.
- Experience in higher education administrative or bursaries environment will be an added advantage.
Contract: 12 months - renewable.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter, indicating remuneration requirements, and the names of three contactable references, to email@example.com or fax to 086 567 5604 before 7 August 2012 (Deadline). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.