At BroadReach Healthcare, people are our greatest asset. Our world-class team brings innovation and creativity to our work, combining the best of private and public-sector talent. Our team members work in diverse settings, including international and multi-cultural environments. They are outstanding communicators, leaders and team players, with varied backgrounds and perspectives. These include MDs, MBAs and MPHs from top schools, and healthcare professionals from leading organisations. Individually, our people have worked in over 40 countries during their careers, across the full spectrum of the value chain. Our core team stems from the senior ranks of global business, with experience gained from top pharmaceutical companies, consulting firms and governments as well as leading-edge thinking in medicine, healthcare operations, marketing and communications. We are currently seeking candidates for roles in the following areas; Bojanala, Ngaka Modiri Molema, Joe Gqabi, Alfred Nzo, Gert Sibande, Ugu, uThungulu and Sisonke. (North West, Mpumulanga, Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal).
Build capacity in the district and sub-district management teams through the provision of consulting services, coaching, facilitation and support to the district to achieve targets in key indicators. Coordinate, plan and guide implementation of BroadReach projects and deliverables within the District.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing consulting support, aligned to identified and prioritised need, to District Management or Sub-District Management teams, in order to achieve particular targets and goals;
- Ensuring that relevant DoH project owners and teams are given sufficient support, using consulting techniques, facilitation, coaching, materials, tools and guidance, to improve their effectiveness and ability, resulting in improved project or programme delivery;
- Facilitating the development of a joint annual work plan between BRHC and DoH at District level;
- End to end planning and facilitating (in a leading or supporting role) of approved workshops, planning and review sessions at District and Sub-District level;
- Investigating identified problems to establish root cause and triaging for escalation for potential BRHC support;
- For non-clinical interventions, ensuring facility mentors / advisors effectively mentor and coach facility-based staff and/or sub-district teams, in line with project plan and agreed content, advising and coaching if changes are required;
- Supporting HSS Manager: in the District in assessing whether proposed solutions are responsive, practical, implementable and effective in response to district identified needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Healthcare Bachelor’s Degree;
- Public Health Degree is preferred;
- Qualified as a Medical Doctor (Bachelors of Medicine / Bachelors of Surgery etc) is preferred;
- Management Degree / Diploma is preferred;
- Seven years’ experience at a senior management level within relevant healthcare environment;
- Experience in Hospital Management (public or private); Head office Operations or Provincial Management is preferred;
- Two years’ experience in Public Healthcare (ideally in a senior management role) is preferred;
- Familiar with the concepts, practices and procedures of the Department of Health at District level is preferred;
- Extensive experience in operational and tactical planning, presentations and facilitation of workshops;
- Substantial Experience in operational consulting in the healthcare sector
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in the vernacular language of the province is preferred;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Flexibility to travel.
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Consulting techniques;
- Operational and tactical planning;
- Root cause analysis and problem solving;
- Evidence-based decision making;
- Programme and Project Management;
- Planning and Organising;
- Presentation skills;
- Business acumen.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter at www.broadreachhealthcare.com/gh/careers
For more about BroadReach Healthcare, refer to www.broadreachhealthcare.com.