BRIDGE was started in 2009 and is a registered non-profit organisation. BRIDGE came about because of the realisation that a critical part of the problem in education in South Africa is that stakeholders do not sufficiently share, adopt and implement what works. Pockets of successful practice, operating in silos, have consequently failed to improve the education system in an impactful, lasting and sustained manner.
The mission of BRIDGE is to link people and share working practice and knowledge in key leverage areas in the education system as fostering collaboration and cooperation helps to spread successful practice, which in turn promotes systemic improvements in education.
BRIDGE seeks to appoint a Head of Operations, based in Johannesburg.
The most important qualities are reliability and a determination to get the job done to the best standard possible. Important also is a genuine interest in education as a nation developer. Would you be able to recommend someone who could fulfil the following duties and who has the requisite attributes, skills and experience?
- Ensuring logistical and administrative arrangements;
- Managing the organisation, including financial management and human resource management;
- Reporting to partners and donors;
- Managing statutory requirements; and
- Overseeing the organisation’s knowledge management processes and system.
- Organisational management skills;
- Financial management skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Computer literacy skills;
- Communication skills (oral and written).
- Educational knowledge and experience;
- Experience in a management position;
- Personable, willing and a team player;
- Mature in judgement;
- Displays initiative;
- Attention to detail; and
- Hard-working, with an ability to deliver on time.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about BRIDGE, refer to www.bridge.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.