Black Sash: Director
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 10:43
Black Sash: Director
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, September 21, 2012
The mission of the Black Sash is to work toward a South Africa where:
- Human Rights are recognised in law and respected in practice;
- The government is accountable to all ALL its people and attends to their basic needs in a participatory and dignified manner;
- The Constitution is upheld by all;
- Social and economic justice is recognised as fundamentally important;
- And ALL members of society take responsibility for reducing inequality and extreme poverty.
The new Director will be based in the National Office in Cape Town and will lead and strategically position the Black Sash as a human rights organisation in South Africa, mobilise and manage financial and human resources to ensure effectiveness and sustainability, account to donors on finances and programme delivery, and to the Board in such a way as to support good governance.
Candidates for this position must have qualifications at Masters level in a relevant field of Law or Humanities/Social Sciences and at least ten years NGO/development sector management experience with considerable working experience in the field of Human Rights.
Other key requirements include:
- Some experience in managing change processes in an organisation;
- Knowledge of human rights and social justice;
- Understanding of the socio-political and economic realities of South Africa;
- A lobbying and advocacy background;
- Experience in financial planning and accountability;
- Track record of fundraising ability.
Interested candidates should please submit a CV and comprehensive motivation letter stating why you believe you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com.
Please also submit a completed bio-summary form which you can download from the top of the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za.
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st September 2012, but candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.