Beyond Zero NPC
2 X Technical Advisors / Project Managers (30 Months Contract) Subject To Project Award And Funding
Beyond Zero NPC is a 10-year-strong NGO that focuses on HIV/AIDS/TB programmes as a platform for broader public health transformation. Beyond Zero is recruiting two experienced technical advisors/Project Managers for the implementation of effective and sustainable models to improve the responsiveness of basic health care services to the needs of adolescents and youth in collaboration with the Multisectoral HIV Prevention Programme (MHIVP) of the German Development Cooperation, GIZ.The Project Managers will be based at the district Department of Health offices in Alfred Nzo and OR Tambo Districts and are expected to work closely with the district health offices, health staff, management teams, facility committees and School Health Advisory Committees with frequent travel within the district, the Province and to Pretoria for team meetings with the MHIVP team. The positions will provide successful candidates with the opportunity to implement an exciting programme using innovative approaches within a multicultural interdisciplinary team in an international working environment.
Remuneration package will be market related and based on experience plus competitive employment benefits.
Key Performance Areas:
- Providing advisory services to the (Sub) District Health Offices and Provincial Health Office, the Regional Training Centre, health staff;
- Supporting trainer and mentors in their tasks, e.g. regular meetings and exchange with facility management teams, supervision and mentoring of service staff;
- Upgrading mentoring skills of (future) mentors and trainers;
- Skills and competency building of trainers and mentors for delivering trainings using adult-oriented, interactive learning methodologies;
- Supporting teambuilding at facilities;
- Supporting review of existing training materials and training delivery approaches;
- Supporting development of a comprehensive training package built on existing materials;
- Supporting training needs assessments and the development of training and supervision rosters;
- Mentoring the change process of facility staff and those working in the Integrated School Health Programme with regards to attitudes towards and communication with clients;
- Advising on different models of collaboration and coordination between teachers, social workers, peer educators and health staff, functioning Health Facility Committees and School Advisory Committees;
- Providing support to establishing or enhancing referral mechanisms;
- Providing support to quality management in facilities;
- Participating in regular team meetings;
- Contributing to knowledge management and technical discussions in South Africa, within Beyond Zero and the German Development Cooperation;
- Documentation of process, results and lessons learned and preparation of regular progress reports;
- Regularly participating in semi-annual coordination meetings of the funding and implementation partner GIZ;
- Providing regular inputs to the progress reports and short monthly reports for programme management purposes.
- Professional nurse, midwife;
- Additional qualifications in health care management, human resource management, health service management, quality management or equivalent of advantage.
- At least 7 years of practical experience as a nurse/midwife in a health facility, of which three years in a leading management position;
- At least three years of experience in supervision/mentoring and training.
Skills / Competencies and Abilities:
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- A positive attitude towards service provision for youth and overall client orientation;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively across teams with inter cultural and inter-disciplinary sensitivity;
- Knowledge of local language (Xhosa);
- Proficiency in English, written communication and presentation skills;
- Computer skills - good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Valid driver’s license.
Please email your CV, covering letter, and copies of qualification to email@example.com
Closing Date: 02 February 2014
NB. Applicants who have not heard from us after one month of publication of advert should consider their applications as unsuccessful.