Beyond Zero NPC
Advert Project Team Leader / Project Director (30 Months Contract) Subject To Project Award And Funding
Beyond Zero NPC is a 10-year-strong NGO that focuses on HIV/AIDS/TB programmes as a platform for broader public health transformation. Beyond Zero is recruiting an experienced Project Team leader/Project Director as the project’s principal advisor for the implementation of effective and sustainable models to improve the responsiveness of basic health care services to the needs of adolescents and youth in collaboration with the Multisectoral HIV Prevention Programme (MHIVP) of the German Development Cooperation, GIZ. The project team leader will be based at the provincial Department of Health offices of the Eastern Cape Province in Bisho and is expected to travel frequently to the target (sub) districts and to Pretoria for team meetings with the MHIVP team and other relevant organisations. The position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to implement an exciting programme using innovative approaches within a multicultural interdisciplinary team in an international working environment.
Remuneration package will be market related and based on experience plus competitive employment benefits.
Key Performance Areas:
- Carrying out all necessary tasks to manage the implementation of the project as per project plan, including financial planning and monitoring; coordination of activities with key stakeholders (including GIZ management and personnel in closely linked GIZ projects); updating project plans in close cooperation with BZ and GIZ; insuring compliance with GIZ management principles (CapacityWORKS); identifying the need for short-term assignments, planning, development of ToRs and steering the assignments; management and coordination of training measures; oversight of project administration; reporting; all relevant tasks to ensure M&E, external programme evaluation and operational research (including development of systems, planning supporting research projects, documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt);
- Providing advisory services to the EC Provincial Department of Health and the District Health Offices O.R. Tambo and Alfred Nzo in the areas of establishing youth-friendly services in primary health care services in the targeted sub-districts, on the design and implementation of quality management and training delivery using modern, adult-learning oriented training experience;
- Providing advisory services to the National Department of Health with regards to expanding further AYFS as part of integrated health services (e.g. contributing to National strategies, policies, implementation guidelines) and to cooperation between the education and health sector;
- Providing advisory services to the Provincial Department of Health with regards to coordination of the different stakeholders addressing and serving adolescents and youth (including the Integrated School Health programme with the Department of Basic Education);
- Providing advisory services to the Lilitha college of nursing and supporting the curriculum development advisory work of the development worker at the College
- Supporting sharing of knowledge and experience between the different stakeholders and coordination fora (including AIDS councils);
- Ensuring quality of implementation;
- Reproduction/adaptation of information material.
- Academic degree in social sciences, social work, nursing/midwifery or medicine
- Additional qualification at master level e.g. in public health, nursing, management of health services or human resource management
- At least 6 years of practical working experience six years practical working experience with relevance to health systems strengthening, in particular in strengthening health service delivery, and including aspects of interdisciplinary cooperation at the intersection between NGO/CSO or private service providers and the public sector;
- At least three years of experience as a leading project manager;
- Experience with sexual and reproductive health services for young people is required;
- Experience with quality management in the health sector would be an asset;
- At least three years of working experience should have been gathered internationally, either in a low or middle income country, preferably in one with a generalised HIV-epidemic. International working experience is essential, i.e. having worked in an international context or with international organisations in South Africa with management responsibilities.
Skills / Competencies and Abilities:
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- A positive attitude towards service provision for youth and overall client orientation;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively across teams with inter cultural and inter-disciplinary sensitivity;
- Proficiency in English, written communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of German would be of advantage
- Computer skills - good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Valid driver’s license.
Please email your CV, covering letter, and copies of qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 02 February 2014
NB. Applicants who have not heard from us after one month of publication of advert should consider their applications as unsuccessful.