Beyond Zero (formerly known as IYDSA) is a 10-year-strong NGO that focuses on HIV/AIDS/TB programmes as a platform for broader public health transformation. We are recruiting for an experienced Chief Operations Officer to join our 150-plus team in our head offices in East London, Eastern Cape. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional of outstanding quality with a respected track record to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of fast growing, highly respected organisation.
Key Performance Areas:
Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead internal operations and some of the key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of Beyond Zero’s strategic goals and objectives through effective and efficient operational management of the organisation;
- Oversee, direct, and/or organise the work of all organisational operations including facilities management (offices and new buildings), IT systems, ensuring smooth operational coherence and a high standard of functioning with the finance and administration team, and the Human Resources teams, each of whom have their own director;
- Appraise and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO;
- Develop and maintains a sound plan of organisation;
- Establish policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility;
- Support fundraising activities and administrative aspects including proposal preparation and granting writing.
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Development Studies or related field, MBA preferred;
- Post graduate qualification in project management preferred.
- At least 10 years in increasingly more responsible operations management positions;
- Experience in donor-funded environment is essential, especially with US Government Grants and Contracts.
Skills Requirements / Competencies:
- Highly organised, self-reliant, good problem-solving, results-oriented, multi-tasker with superior management skills and excellent judgment;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff;
- Advanced computer literacy skills;
- Flexibility and willingness for extensive travel;
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter, and copies of qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 31 March 2014
Assumption of duty: Approximately 1 June 2014
NB. Applicants who have not heard from us after one month of publication of advert should consider their applications as unsuccessful.