Awethu! A People's Platform for Social Justice
Awethu! is an emerging coalition of organisations and activists campaigning for a strong, relevant, representative civil society network in South Africa. Awethu! aims to create a platform through which a wide range of social justice issues can be addressed collectively by NGOs, CBOs and social justice platforms across the country. Awethu!’s objective is to help put power back in the hands of the people and to hold government (and all political parties) accountable for delivering on their many promises.
Awethu! seeks to appoint a part-time National Administrator initially to be based in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
The person will have a minimum of three years relevant experience and will support the work of the National Coordinator, National Organiser and National Media Officer in the Awethu! office. It is possible that the post will be upgraded to a full-time one over time.
- Managing the general administration of the Awethu! Office;
- Maintaining databases of all Awethu! contacts nationally;
- Procuring goods and services on behalf of Awethu!
- Assisting the part-time bookkeeper with the financial management of Awethu!
- Making travel, accommodation and other arrangements for Awethu! staff and for affiliates of Awethu!
- Arranging meetings for Awethu!, including booking of venues, organising catering, preparing documentation for the meeting and assisting with minute-taking;
- Maintaining the filing for the Awethu! Office;
- Assisting with communication with affiliates and other stakeholders via telephone, SMS and email;
- Ensuring that the Awethu! office has all the necessary available and functioning resources to carry out its work (stationery, equipment, printer ink etc);
- Providing general admin and other support to Awethu! in carrying out its work.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience, preferably in a similar environment;
- Relevant education/skills;
- Computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Written/verbal communication skills in English with multilingualism an advantage;
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, organise and pay attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain good working relationships and work with other employees is essential;
- Driver’s licence, code 8, would be a major advantage.
- Systematic, methodical and organised;
- Problem solving ability;
- Ability to prioritise and manage several projects concurrently;
- Sound judgement
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Dedicated and committed;
- Willingness to work beyond official working times.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications to Awethu! at email@example.com. Applications can also be delivered to the Awethu! office, Section27, 5th floor Braamfontein Centre, Jorissen St, Braamfontein.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful. Awethu! reserves the right not to fill the post.
For more about Awethu! A people’s Platform for Social Justice, refer to https://www.facebook.com/AwethuSocialJustice.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.