AWARD: Integrated Water Resource Management Researcher
Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD)
Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD) is an NGO in South Africa that works on water supply in the broader context of managing water resources and their wise use, with a focus on learning about water security issues in the Sand River Catchment area.
AWARD seeks to appoint a Integrated Water Resource Management Researcher, based in Hoedspruit, Limpopo.
S/he will form part of the AWARD team as part of the USAID RESILIM-Olifants programme, the purpose being to reduce vulnerability through building improved trans-boundary governance and management of the Olifants Catchment so as to enhance the resilience of its people and ecosystems through systemic and social learning approaches.
The candidate will contribute to holistic and systemic action-research related to transboundary IWRM and water security.
This is a fixed-term contract position.
- Systemic analysis of water resources and sustainability of water resources especially water quality;
- Undertake technical and socially-orientated field work, monitoring and data analysis.
- Preferably M.Sc in geography or related such as hydrology and integrated water resource management;
- Minimum of five years working experience and focus on research;
- Understanding of water balance concepts;
- Knowledge of GIS and modelling;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Interest in participatory systemic approaches;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and sectors;
- Liaise with project partners;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, GIS software);
- Planning and project skills;
- Fluency in English (read, write, understand);
- Preference will be given to persons that have experience in working in and NGO environment;
- Valid driver’s licence (EB);
- Willingness to travel.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries: Tel: 015 793 0503
For more about Association for Water and Rural Development, refer to www.award.org.za/home.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.