Avril Elizabeth Home for the Mentally Handicapped
The Avril Elizabeth Home is a warm and welcoming home for its residents. The organisation has a feature that has developed over the years to be an active, modern stimulation programme, where every aspect of it is tailored to suit the many different needs of the residents.
The Avril Elizabeth Home seeks to appoint a Chef, based in Cleveland, Johannesburg.
The chef will provide a service to the kitchen department. The chef will be fully responsible for the management, including menu preparation, of the kitchen under the Industrial Relations and Main Home Manager and assumes complete responsibility for the kitchen in his absence. The main purpose of the chef is to ensure that the kitchen is supervised and that quality food is produced in a hygienic environment, in line with the required Standards. Portion control must be exercised according to the number of residents and stock rotation in terms of the mise-en-place used in preparation of dishes. All kitchen equipment must be cared for, with breakages kept to an absolute minimum. The chef must implement and adhere to health and hygiene standards and ensure that they play their part in the recycling process.
- Supervise and train the kitchen staff in line with the Standards;
- Prepare food, in line with Standards of Excellence (healthy, innovative and modern dishes);
- Effective interaction to enhance satisfaction of residents;
- Effective management of staff meals;
- Control and manage catering at functions;
- Administration of orders to minimise shortages and wastage and effective stock control;
- Ensure that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard;
- Correct use and maintenance of kitchen equipment;
- Maintain fridges and stores to the highest hygiene and stock rotation standards;
- Communication with kitchen and staff to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Relevant Chef diploma;
- Minimum of five years in medium sized kitchen;
- Menu planning;
- Portion control;
- Health and safety.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about The Avril Elizabeth Home, refer to www.avril.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.