ASHA Trust is a leading Gauteng-based NGO and service provider in the early childhood development sector.
ASHA Trust seeks to appoint a Fundraising and Marketing Officer, based in Johannesburg.
For the right person, this is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of hundreds of pre-school children. The person will support the Director delivering on the fundraising strategy. The bulk of the work will be fundraising, but we want to ensure that the organisation becomes financially sustainable well into the future. ASHA Trust is looking for someone who will deliver on the agreed plan but also can show some initiative and original thinking.
- Maintaining donor relationships;
- Writing funding applications;
- Researching funding opportunities and following up on relevant opportunities
- Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information;
- Collaborating with colleagues to implement the overall fundraising strategy in order to utilize and diversify income streams;
- Event management;
- Developing and managing social media;
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- High standard of written English with the ability to produce concise and persuasive documents;
- Skilled in dealing with people;
- Have good written and verbal skills;
- IT proficiency;
- Organised in managing workload;
- Have knowledge of the NPO sector;
- Ability to learn new things quickly and retain information;
- Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously;
- Effective problem solving;
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of fundraising areas.
- Advanced numeracy;
- Experience working with customer relationship software;
- Worked on securing corporate donations in a previous roles;
- Worked with major donors in a previous roles;
- Worked on fundraising/sales in a previous roles.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and motivation letter describing how you meet the job requirements to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about ASHA Trust, refer to www.ashatrust.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/ngopulse