Anita Borg Technical Leadership Award
Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology
The Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology seeks to increase the impact of women on all aspects of technology, and increase the positive impact of technology on the world’s women.
The Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology invites nominations for the Technical Leadership Award.
The award recognises and celebrates an outstanding woman technical leader. The recipient will receive a US$10 000 award and will be honoured at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing awards celebration on 4 October 2012 in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Potential nominees are women who have inspired the women’s technology community through outstanding technological and social contributions;
- Through her leadership she has increased the impact of women on technology; and
- Nominees should demonstrate how her work has covered new ground and her technical leadership has increased women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in the technology arena.
Nomination requires the following:
- Summary: 30 word (maximum) summary of the nominee and project, for the selection committee to use for identification purposes;
- Curriculum vitae or résumé;
Statement of merit between 2-3 pages. File uploads can be in PDF, postscript, MS Doc, or ASCII text. The statement must include short bio(s) of the nominated person(s) and address the following issues;
- Describe the impact and how it was measured;
- Was the action taken with respect to a specific situation?
- What motivated the nominee(s) to take action?
- Did he/she/they encounter any significant challenges?
- At least two letters of reference from professional contacts.
Enquiries: Tina Pratt, E-mail: email@example.com
To nominate, refer to https://ssl.linklings.net/organizations/abi.
For more about the Anita Borg Technical Leadership Award, refer to http://anitaborg.org/initiatives/awards/anita-borg-technical-leadership-award.
For more about the Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology, refer to http://anitaborg.org.
To view other opportunities, visit www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.