Anex (Activists networking against the exploitation of children)
Anex (Activists Networking against the Exploitation of Children) is a registered and well established nonprofit children's rights organisation. Our organisational objectives includes Protecting Children from Exploitation by strengthening communities through-Developmental needs based programs for Children, Youth and Families in vulnerable communities, Preventative and responsive training and awareness raising on different forms of exploitation and Advocacy, Research and Legal Reform.
Anex seeks to appoint an Advocacy Coordinator, Cape Town.
- Develop three year advocacy strategy;
- Organise public education and advocacy events such as roundtables, trainings, and news conferences;
- Devise and implement advocacy campaigns on combating child exploitation coordination;
- Track policy developments at national, regional and international levels with relevance to children’s rights and more specifically child exploitation;
- Provide technical assistance and training to assist community-based partners and others in organizing advocacy efforts related to combating child exploitation;
- Identify strategic partners and network;
- Disseminate resources that promote the organisation and its projects;
- Supervise junior programme staff;
- Represent Anex in international, national, provincial, and local events including panels, meetings, trainings, workshops and conferences;
- Respond to requests for support and information from our various stakeholders;
- Media monitoring and correspondence;
- Manage website and social networking accounts;
- Develop and manage e-newsletter;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in public policy, law, social work, or related field;
- Minimum of four years work experience in the field of Children’s Rights or Human Rights;
- Passion for children’s rights and human rights in general;
- Working knowledge of child exploitation and child protection including trends, controversies, strategies, resources, laws etc;
- Excellent research, written and verbal communication skills in English and either isiXhosa or Afrikaans;
- Ability to explain clearly and persuasively, to experts and non-experts Anex’s position on children’s rights issues;
- Takes initiative;
- Successful planning and delivery of advocacy trainings
- Ability to work collaboratively and think strategically;
- Able to work effectively both as a team and independently;
- Able to travel in and outside of the country i.e. must hold a valid passport;
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV with a supporting motivation letter stipulating expected salary and two names of your references at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Reference: Application Advocacy Coordinator” in your subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and those who have not heard from Anex by 20 February 2015, consider your applications unsuccessful.
For more about Anex (Activists networking against the exploitation of children), refer to www.anexcdw.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.