The Amy Biehl Foundation
The Amy Biehl Foundation is nonprofit organisation that works with children in the townships. The organisation runs creative and cultural programmes.
The Amy Biehl Foundation seeks to appoint a Coordinator for Literacy and Numeracy, based in Cape Town.
The Coordinator will report to the Programme Manager
This is a relatively new post and the organisation is hoping to introduce literacy and numeracy classes to all our After School Care Programmes. The Coordinator will be a dynamic self-starter with proven administrative and leadership skills, to ensure the smooth running of an effective and efficient programme.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday - 9h00 to 17h30
Friday - 9h00 to 15h00
- Organise and coordinate special events relating to the programme;
- Create and maintain good communication with teachers and schools;
- Enable disadvantaged children to acquire skills which they would otherwise not have access to;
- Implement curriculum;
- By example, show commitment and enthusiasm to achieve goals, thus enhancing the ABF;
- Build an effective team through competent leadership;
- Oversee the completion of monthly attendance sheets for the facilitators and the children in their classes;
- Attend weekly staff meetings where a report has to be submitted;
- Attend goal setting and review meetings at the end of every term where a written report has to be submitted;
- Attend year-end review meetings where a written report has to be submitted;
- Attend Foundation functions outside normal working hours for which you will not be paid but will have time off in lieu;
- Attend courses arranged by the Foundation to improve job skills.
Salary in the region of R8 000, negotiable dependent on experience.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Amy Biehl Foundation, refer to www.amybiehl.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.