Amnesty International South Africa
Amnesty International is expanding in order to meet its human rights goals in the country and on the continent.
We are seeking to appoint a MHSRR Assistant to join our team based in Johannesburg.
Position: Martenal Health and Sexual Reproductive Rights Assistant
Key Purpose of the Position
To provide quality substantial administration and clerical support to the MHSRR Campaigner across the provinces.
Reports to: MHSRR Campaigner
Internal Contacts: AI South Africa staff and Southern Africa Regional Hub staff
Relationship with the International Secretariat: Based at the International Secretariat (IS) in London: Interactions with the International Secretariat, other Regional Hubs, sections and structures across the world.
External Contacts: Amnesty International members, partner organisations at National, Regional and International level
People that this job manages: This post has no line management responsibilities.
Other Key Relationships:
- The Southern Africa Regional Hub Team;
- AI South Africa Team;
- International Secretariat - London.
- Responsible for capturing confidential data and updating quarterly for clients;
- Disseminate and promote a wide range of promotion materials and information;
- Build a database of partners and collaborators for AI SA;
- Assist in project logistics, including coordinating arrangements for trainings, workshops, and site field visits;
- Work with communities who are part of the life changing stories to assist where needed to provide social support and references for counselling in the community;
- Support the development and maintenance of database on partner activities, sites and indicators;
- Serving as interpreter and translating from Vernaculars to English and vice versa, as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience
- Language articulation of South African languages;
- English is essential for reporting and means of communication;
- Counselling of participants where emotional and psychological assistance in required;
- Ability to take narratives for documents;
- Critical thinking and analysis of situation where there is distress caused by issues that are sensitive to clients;
- Ability to converse with people at all levels;
- Logistical and administrative support.
The following will be an added advantage:
- Experience of working as part of a team, and understanding of the importance of good communication and office systems;
- Previous experience in a development and/or human rights organisation.
Salary package: Competitive
Please forward your CV together with covering and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without motivation letters will not be considered.
The closing date for submission of applications is the 27th May 2014. No late applications will be considered.
Only applications submitted electronically will be accepted.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AI South Africa reserves the right not to make an appointment.