American International Health Alliance
The American International Health Alliance (AIHA) is a nonprofit organisation that works is to advance global health through volunteer-driven partnerships that mobilise communities to better address healthcare priorities while at the same time improving productivity and quality of care.
In support of its HHS/HRSA funded HIV/AIDS Twinning Center Programme in South Africa, AIHA seeks to appoint an Administrative and Finance Assistant (AFA), based in Pretoria/Tshwane, South Africa.
Under the supervision of the Regional Administrative and Finance Officer and with guidance from the Country Director in South Africa, the AFA is responsible for AIHA/South Africa financial and administrative-logistical matters.
- Execute daily financial transactions;
- Prepare reconciliation of the bank and cash accounts;
- Maintain internal financial controls;
- Calculate and disburse local staff salaries and consultant payments;
- Prepare and submit reports to SARS;
- Prepare and consolidate monthly funds requests;
- Coordinate the local audit and assist with the international audit;
- Assist in preparing annual budgets.
Administrative - logistical duties
- Provide logistical support and travel arrangements for partners and staff;
- Issue and submit procurement requests to purchase goods and services;
- Maintain and update furniture and equipment inventory logs;
- Maintain travel files;
- Issue and reconcile travel advances and keep track of schedules;
- Issue consultancy agreements;
- Maintain personnel files;
- Execute general office duties.
- BA or B.S. in accounting, finance or business administration or recognised equivalent;
- Minimum of two years work experience in finance/accounting related to NGO programmes;
- Familiarity with US Government funded programmes and NGOs in Africa;
- English language proficiency is essential, fluency in at least one other official South African language required (proficiency in additional languages preferred);
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, work independently and in a team environment and follow directions.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the American International Health Alliance, refer to www.aiha.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.