AMANDLA EduFootball (AMANDLA) is an international nonprofit organisation that has a base in both South Africa and Germany. Our mission is to create safe spaces that bring together the power of football and learning to empower youth and change lives.
AMANDLA seeks to appoint a full time Project Manager to drive the set-up of a Youth Café that will be hosted at its Safe - Hub based in Gugulethu, Cape Town. This is an exciting opportunity for a young, dynamic project manager to become part of a fast moving team.
The scope of the position includes management of the following project functions: partnerships and stakeholders, programme development, finance, human resources, facility set-up, and administration.
The following provides as overview of the core competences, qualifications and experience required:
- A recognised Bachelor's Degree in relevant Humanities, Commerce, Public Policy discipline or any other appropriate field (required);
- 5 years project management experience (required);
- 5 years general management experience (required);
- Excellent administrative skills (required);
- Strong facilitation skills (required);
- Strong computer skills (required);
- Strong report writing skills (required);
- Experience in managing youth recreational facilities or similar - with related health and safety regulations (preferred);
- Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans will be a strong advantage;
- Good understanding of the sector-related policies, legislations and guidelines (preferred);
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the ‘youth development’ sector (preferred);
- Be in possession of Code B driver’s licence (required);
- Own vehicle (required).
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent networker, ability to comfortably interact at all levels and across sectors;
- Self-motivated - ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks;
- Responsible, safety orientated, innovative, accountable and commitment to achieve;
- Keen interest in sport and physical activity;
- Strong commitment to making a difference in young people’s lives;
- Strong organisational, planning and decision making skills;
- Excellent administrative skills;
- High integrity, honesty and trustworthines.
To apply please submit your Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages) including three relevant and contactable references, a short motivational letter, and current contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 September 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Candidates who have received no response within three weeks of the closing date should kindly assume that their application was unsuccessful.