AMANDLA EduFootball (AMANDLA) is an international nonprofit organisation that has a base in both, South Africa and Germany. AMANDLA’s mission is to create safe spaces that bring together the power of football and learning to empower youth and change lives.
AMANDLA EduFootball seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
This is a one-year full-time contract based at the organisation’s ‘Safe-Hub 2’, a recreational youth facility in Gugulethu, Cape Town. The person report to the General Manager at the facility. JOB SCOPE: Management of the AMANDLA Programme Model (Leadership, Life Skills and Tutoring Programme), including daily programming for 1500 youth between the ages of 7 and 25.
A competitive package relevant to your qualifications and experience. AMANDLA has an international, open-minded culture with a flexible working environment that provides space for career growth and development.
Starting date: 01 April 2014.
- Develop annual Safe-Hub activity workplan based on programme strategy;
- Set annual Programme objectives, outputs and indicators (per age group and gender);
- Implement all Leadership, Life Skills and Tutoring Programme activities according to the work plan and specified quality standards, within specified timeframes and budgets;
- Implement a participants recruitment and registration strategy and deliver on set outputs;
- Manage the preparation and implementation of all internal Leadership Programme training activities and ensure competence of all participants;
- Manage facilitators/leaders to deliver Fair Play Football & Life Skills programme activities according to the workplan;
- Monitor, manage and review performance of leadership participants according to the defined standards of the programme and the organisation’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure daily monitoring and documentation of all programme activities and complete accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Programme reports;
- Ensure compliance with the Safe-Hub operations manual and programme manuals;
- Maintain, build and strengthen relationships with local stakeholders;
- Operationalise referral system at Safe-Hub II and ensure effective and correct application by staff and/or facilitators;
- Manage all Programme Evaluation activities and the review of programme strategy;
- Manage spending, invoicing, claiming and financial reporting per programme according to organisation’s policies and procedures;
- Monitor, maintain and manage supply chain of programme equipment and office supplies at Safe-Hub II.
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, education, sociology, public policy or other relevant humanities discipline;
- Minimum of two years experience in a management role;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the ‘youth/community development’ sector;
- Experience in experiential learning methods and facilitating trainings;
- A nationally recognized Child and Youth Care qualification will be preferred;
- Sound administrative ability and strong computer skills;
- Experience in managing educational sports programmes for youth in disadvantaged communities;
- Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in Xhosa and/or Afrikaans will be an advantage;
- Be in possession of Code B driver’s license (preferred).
- Strong communication skills
- Keen interest in physical activity, and youth development;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong organisational, planning and decision making skills;
- High levels of self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks;
- Responsible, innovative, accountable and commitment to excellence;
- Strong role model for a healthy life-style;
- Strong commitment to changing young people’s lives;
- High integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages) including three relevant contactable references, motivational letter (one page), and current contact details to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Mr Sugars Qinga, AMANDLA EduFootball, 302 Salt Circle, 19 Kent Street, Salt River 7925, Cape Town, Tel: 021 447 8261/079 708 0239.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about AMANDLA EduFootball, refer to www.edufootball.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.