AMANDLA EduFootball is a sport for development organisation that tackles social inequality through providing thousands of South African youth with access to safe spaces, innovative ‘Fair Play Football’, and holistic education programmes.
AMANDLA seeks to appoint a full-time Leadership Programme Coordinator, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The main purpose of the position is to coordinate all activities of the Leadership Programme as well as the further development of its content and systems.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection and registration process of the Leadership Programme participants;
- Coordinate and implement introductory and ongoing training of the leadership group related to:
2. Personal Development
- Coordinate all weekly meetings relevant to the Leadership Programme;
- Coordinate all daily monitoring activities as well as pre-, mid- and post-programme assessments of the leadership group and regular performance reviews;
- Oversee the daily programme implementation facilitated by the Leadership group;
- Provide professional mentorship and support to programme participants.
- Drive the further development of the content and systems of AMANDLA’s Leadership Programme including the training component;
- Support in the development of a replicable M&E system for the Leadership Programme;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with relevant external stakeholders;
- Contribute to the quarterly programme review.
- Financial management - coordinate the bi-monthly payments of the leadership participants;
- Internal communication;
1. Weekly and monthly reports including short narratives on all Leadership Programme activities
2. Documentation of leadership meetings, including the distribution of agenda and minutes
3. Clear filing records of individual programme participants
1. Contribute to the development of a fundraising strategy for the Leadership Programme
2. Contribute to the development of a stakeholder management strategy
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in social development, social work or relevant humanities discipline will be preferred;
- Minimum of three years of experience in youth and community development;
- One to two years of experience working in a coordination role;
- Advanced competency in facilitation and training will be preferred;
- Advanced English and isiXhosa proficiency (verbal and written);
- Computer literacy and a high proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Experience in fundraising will be preferred;
- Strong communication skills in English and isiXhosa (verbal and written);
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Keen interest in physical activity, football and youth development;
- Strong commitment to making a difference in people’s lives;
- Able to network and build strong relationships;
- People management skills;
- Conflict management and resolution skills;
- Able to adapt to change.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter explaining why you feel you qualify for this position as well as contact details of two relevant references to the Programme Manager, Nomawethu Sokoyi at email@example.com or post to AMANDLA EduFootball, 302 Salt Circle, 19 Kent Street, Salt River 7925, Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel/Fax: 021 447 8261
Candidates who have received no response within one weeks of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow-up interviews.
For more about AMANDLA EduFootball, refer to www.edufootball.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.