AMANDLA EduFootball (AMANDLA) is an international nonprofit organisation that has a base in both, South Africa and Germany. AMANDLA’s mission is to create safe spaces that bring together the power of football and learning to empower youth and change lives.
AMANDLA EduFootball seeks to appoint a General Manager for its ‘Safe-Hub’, recreational facility based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
This is 12 month contract position (on initial contract of employment).
Starting date: 1 January 2014.
The General Manager will manage all operations at AMANDLA’s safe-hub facility.
The main scope of the position is to manage various operational tasks covering the areas of financial management, HR, office administration, reporting, general facility management and various marketing, communication and stakeholder management tasks. The successful candidate will report directly to the organisation’s directors.
- Compile and control facility’s overall annual operating budget
- Manage spending, invoicing, claiming and financial reporting at facility
- Jointly manage and mentor the facility’s staff alongside the Programme Managers; monitor performance of staff
- Co-manage the recruitment and induction of new staff members
Fundraising / Marketing / Communications / Stakeholder Management
- Develop, organise and implement local fundraising/marketing campaigns/events
- Manage the quality of all publications locally (content and style in alignment to CI) and ensure organisation's visibility at the facility
- Research and evaluate local opportunities for fundraising and support in developing a local income generation strategy model
- Maintain, build and strengthen existing and new relationships with local stakeholders, incl. media
Facility / Asset Management / Office Administration
- Manage the facility and its assets
- Ensure facility meets required health and safety standards
- Oversee maintenance requirements at facility
- Compile and approve accurate monthly, quarterly and annual overall operational reports
- Ensure general compliance with the facility’s operations manual
- Communicate and role model organisation’s values
- Ensure necessary policies and procedures are in place and adhered to
- Recognised Bachelor's Degree in relevant Humanities, Commerce, Public Policy discipline or any other appropriate field (required);
- Postgraduate degree in any of the above (preferred);
- Minimum three years experience in an operational role (required);
- Minimum three years experience in management position (required);
- Highly computer literate (required);
- Report writing skills (required);
- Experience in managing recreational facilities or similar and related health and safety regulations (preferred);
- Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in Xhosa will be an advantage;
- Understand the sector-related policies, legislations and guidelines (preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of the ‘youth development’ sector (preferred)
- Possession of Code B driver’s license (required);
- Own vehicle (preferred);
- Communication skills;
- Networker, ability to comfortably interact at all levels and across sectors;
- Self-motivated - ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks;
- Responsible, safety orientated, innovative, accountable and commitment to achieve
- Keen interest in sport and physical activity;
- Commitment to making a difference in young people’s lives;
- Organisational, planning and decision making skills;
- Administrative skills;
- High integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
The salary is negotiable based on qualification and experience
To apply, submit a CV (maximum 4 pages) including three relevant contactable references, motivational letter (1 page max.), and current contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Annika Beste, AMANDLA EduFootball, 302 Salt Circle, 19 Kent Street, Salt River 7925, Cape Town, Tel: 021 447 8261
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about AMANDLA EduFootball, refer to www.edufootball.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.