AMANDLA EduFootball (AMANDLA) is an international nonprofit organisation that has a base in both, South Africa and Germany. AMANDLA’s mission is to create safe spaces that bring together the power of football and learning to empower youth and change lives.
AMANDLA EduFootball seeks to appoint a Fair Play Football Manager, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
This is a one-year full-time contract based at the organisation’s ‘Safe-Hub 2’, a recreational youth facility in Gugulethu, Cape Town. The person will report to the Programme Manager at the facility.
S/he will management of the Fair Play Football Programme and coaches, including six daily five-a-side leagues and training sessions for 1500 youth between the ages of 7 and 25.
A competitive package relevant to your qualifications and experience. AMANDLA has an international, open-minded culture with a flexible working environment that provides space for career growth and development.
Starting date: 01 April 2014.
- Develop an annual Safe-Hub activity work plan based on programme strategy;
- Set annual Fair Play Football programme objectives, outputs and indicators (per age group and gender);
- Implement all Fair Play Football Programme activities (Leagues and training sessions) according to the work plan and specified quality standards;
- Ensure daily monitoring and documentation of Fair Play Football programme activities;
- Complete accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Fair Play Football operational reports;
- Comply with programmes' manuals;
- Implement a participants recruitment strategy and deliver on set outputs;
- Manage the participants' registration process;
- Coordinate and train a team of approximately 20 Fair Play Football coaches and referees;
- Maintain, build and strengthen relationships with local stakeholders;
- Support the implementation of a referral system at the Safe-Hub;
- Ensure compliance with the Safe-Hub operations manual;
- Manage Fair Play Football Programme Evaluation activities.
- Recognised Bachelor's Degree or National Diploma in Sports Science, Sports Management, Sports Coaching or Sports Administration;
- Nationally recognised football coaching certificate;
- Minimum of two years experience in a sports-based management/administration role;
- Experience in the training of football coaches
- Sound administrative ability and strong computer skills;
- Experience in managing educational sports programmes, especially football-based programmes for youth in disadvantaged communities will be preferred;
- Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in Xhosa and/or Afrikaans will be an advantage;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the ‘youth development’ sector (preferred)
- Be in possession of Code B driver’s license will be preferred.
- Strong communication skills;
- Enthusiasm for football, both administration and coaching;
- Ability to motivate and excite coaches and players;
- High levels of self-motivation;
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks in a high pressure environment;
- Responsible, innovative, accountable and commitment to excellence;
- Strong role model for a healthy life-style;
- Strong commitment to changing young people’s lives;
- Strong organisational, planning and decision making skills;
- Ability to understand and administrate football-based systems;
- High integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages) including three relevant contactable references, motivational letter (one page), and current contact details to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Mr Sugars Qinga, AMANDLA EduFootball, 302 Salt Circle, 19 Kent Street, Salt River 7925, Cape Town, Tel: 021 447 8261/079 708 0239.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about AMANDLA EduFootball, refer to www.edufootball.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.