AMANDLA EduFootball is a sport for development organisation that tackles social inequality through providing thousands of South African youth with access to safe spaces, innovative ‘Fair Play Football’, and holistic education programmes.
AMANDLA EduFootball seeks to appoint a full time Administration/Accounting Officer, based in Cape Town.
The main scope of the position is to manage various Office Administration tasks as well as managing the organisation’s accounting system. The successful candidate will report directly to the organisation’s Directors.
- Bookkeeping (Software: Sage Pastel Accounting);
- Load and process payments and collections;
- Manage accounts (including collection of proof of payments and managing filing systems);
- Administer organisation’s budget tool (Microsoft Excel);
- Assist in creating financial reports;
- Assist in financial controlling processes;
- Prepare the monthly payroll, ensure accurate registration of new staff members and liaise with external service provider for salary payments;
- Prepare files for annual audit;
- Liaise with auditor and official authorities (SARS);
- Oversee and administer organisation’s petty cash floats.
- Ensure accurate filing and secure storing of documents;
- Administer employee/volunteer files (contract, leave etc.);
- Support staff/volunteer recruitment process administratively;
- Monitor, maintain and manage supply chain of office supplies;
- Arrange for and oversee the maintenance of all office and and IT equipment/systems;
- Manage and process correspondence with stakeholders;
- Prepare boardroom for meetings, compile meeting minutes and ensure general orderliness of office space;
- Receive all visitors and telephone calls and direct them as necessary;
- Receive and process mail;
- Support documentation and updating of organisation’s policies and procedures;
- Support in organising events and workshops.
- An undergraduate degree/diploma in accounting, business administration, logistics management or related discipline (required)
- Minimum of one year of experience in accounting preferably in nonprofit environment;
- Proficiency in Accounting Software Sage Pastel and SARS programmes;
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Microsoft Excel;
- Understanding of relevant financial policies and procedures;
- Minimum of one years of experience in office management/administration (preferred);
- Advanced English proficiency (verbal and written);
- Strong report writing skills (preferred);
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills;
- Strong ambition to making a difference in people’s lives;
- Analytical skills, attention to detail and deadline driven;
- High integrity, honesty & trustworthiness, ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong professional ethics, professional presentation;
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
To apply, submit CV (maximum 4 pages) including contact details of three relevant referees and motivation letter to email@example.com. Or post to Annika Beste, AMANDLA EduFootball, 302 Salt Circle, 19 Kent Street, Salt River 7925, Cape Town.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel/Fax: 021 447 8261
Candidates who have received no response within three week of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for follow-up interviews.
For more about AMANDLA EduFootball, refer to www.edufootball.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.