Alex FM Radio: Programmes Manager
Alex FM Radio
Alex FM, South Africa's fastest growing community radio station seeks to appoint a Programmes Manager, based in Johannesburg.
- Oversee the implementation of the programming and news policy;
- Be responsible for conducting research and make recommendations with regard to programme design and production;
- Be responsible for receiving input and make recommendations on programmes, news content and its structure;
- Ensure that the programmes and news comply with broadcasting regulations;
- Be responsible for the human resource development of the department;
- Be responsible for the programme log sheets and their submissions to the ICASA;
- Ensure proper management of programming department budget allocated;
- Assist to negotiate programme sponsorship with potential investors;
- Advise the station manager on programming issues that may affect the station;
- Manage and supervise all junior managers and staff who reports to the programming department;
- Attend all management meetings;
- Ensure that the programming content is reflective of community principles, values and aspirations and ensure quality programming at all times;
- Convene and chair all departmental meetings;
- Design, recommend and implement programming policies subject to the approval of the HR Department, the Station Manager and the Board;
- Write monthly reports and be accountable to the station manager.
- Matric certificate plus communications degree or three year media diploma;
- Good knowledge of Alex FM;
- Programming skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Be able to meet deadlines;
- Be Objective and Solution driven;
- Be a good decision maker;
- Have interest in international, national and local general content;
- Be able to receive and give instructions professionally.
Starting date: 12 March 2013.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to the HR Assistant, Antony Mmatli at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 011 346 2164.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Alex FM, refer to www.alexfm.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.