Alex FM Radio
Alex FM is a community radio station that reaches listeners in Alexandra eastern Johannesburg including Germiston, Edenvale, Kempton Park, Sandton, Marlboro and Randburg in Gauteng.
Alex FM, South Africa's fastest growing community radio station seeks to appoint a Programmes Manager, based in Johannesburg.
- Oversee the implementation of the programming and news policy;
- Be responsible for conducting research and make recommendations with regard to programme design and production;
- Be responsible for receiving input and make recommendations on programmes, news content and its structure;
- Ensure that the programmes and news comply with broadcasting regulations;
- Be responsible for the human resource development of the department;
- Be responsible for the programme log sheets and their submissions to the ICASA;
- Ensure proper management of programming department budget allocated;
- Assist to negotiate programme sponsorship with potential investors;
- Advise the station manager on programming issues that may affect the station;
- Manage and supervise all junior managers and staff who reports to the programming department;
- Attend all management meetings;
- Ensure that the programming content is reflective of community principles, values and aspirations and ensure quality programming at all times;
- Convene and chair all departmental meetings;
- Design, recommend and implement programming policies subject to the approval of the HR Department, the Station Manager and the Board;
- Write monthly reports and be accountable to the station manager.
- Matric certificate plus communications degree or three year media diploma;
- Good knowledge of Alex FM;
- Programming skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Be able to meet deadlines;
- Be Objective and Solution driven;
- Be a good decision maker;
- Have interest in international, national and local general content;
- Be able to receive and give instructions professionally.
Starting date: 12 March 2013.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to the HR Assistant, Antony Mmatli at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 011 346 2164.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Alex FM, refer to www.alexfm.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.