AIDS Foundation of South Africa
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) was established in 1988 and its purpose is to mobilise funding to equip Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and NGOs with financial resources and appropriate skills to implement and manage primary health care and development programmes.
AFSA seeks to appoint a Programmes Coordinator, based in Polokwane, Limpopo.
The successful candidate will be responsible for effective programme implementation and management, overseeing project grant making, writing detailed reports, making extensive site visits and developing and managing project budgets.
Only applicants based in Polokwane and surrounds will be considered.
This is a fixed-term contract position ending in September 2016.
- Relevant postgraduate degree or diploma in development or related studies;
- Minimum of three years programme management experience in the NGO field;
- Strong background in project management, monitoring and evaluating programmes and CBO’s;
- Fluency in English and Sepedi or Tshivenda;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office; Internet, Email) and Information Management experience;
- Excellent report-writing skills;
- Good understanding of community development and organisational dynamics, corporate governance and finance;
- Must have an unendorsed driver’s license, be able to drive and be able to travel extensively on a monthly basis;
- Strong planning and organising abilities, decision making / problem solving and interpersonal skills as well as having excellent written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to build networks and relationships with donors and communities.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages) to Linda at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not be contacted by 6 May 2013, consider your application unsuccessful. Note that shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment.
For more about the AIDS Foundation of South Africa, refer to www.aids.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.