AIDS Foundation of South Africa: Programmes Coordinator
AIDS Foundation of South Africa
AFSA seeks to appoint a Programmes Coordinator, based in its Grants Department in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
The person will be responsible for effective programme management and implementation, grant making, reporting and budget management.
This is a fixed-term contract position ending in February 2014.
- Relevant postgraduate degree or diploma in development or related studies;
- Minimum of three years programme management experience in the NGO field and at least 1 years’ experience working in the HIV/AIDS sector;
- Strong background in project management, monitoring and evaluating programmes and CBO’s;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office; Internet, Email) and Information Management experience;
- Excellent proven report-writing skills;
- Good understanding of community development and organisational dynamics, corporate governance and finance;
- Fluency in English, isiXhosa or isiZulu;
- Must have an unendorsed driver’s licence;
- Ability to drive and be able to travel extensively on a monthly basis;
- Strong planning and organising abilities;
- Decision making/problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to build networks and relationships with donors and communities.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not be by the end of January 2013, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the AIDS Foundation of South Africa, refer to www.aids.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.