The AIDS Consortium
The AIDS Consortium (AC) founded in 1992, is one of the largest NGO networks in South Africa, serving over 1000 affiliated members in the HIV/AIDS and human rights sectors. The mission and vision of AC encapsulates driving social change through building capacity and AIDS competence across its membership network, as well as within the sector.
AC seeks to appoint a Training Manager based at its national office in Aeroton, Johannesburg.
The main function of the Training Manager is to manage all AC training projects within and beyond South African boarders, as well as ensure the full accreditation of the training programme.
The Training Manager will report to the Executive Director.
Training (internal and external)
- Material development
- Manage two broad training portfolios: Organisational development and technical training;
- Strengthen and project manage extensive mentorship of CBOs in the training programme;
- Accreditation of materials and training programme;
- Sourcing service providers and trainers as required;
- Project management of all training programmes;
- Human resources and management of all training staff;
- Development of annual training budget and schedules;
- Report to all funders on Training programmes;
- Team building and staff workshops;
- Submit WSP and ATR;
- Develop, document and maintain sound training systems.
- Excellent writing skills;
- Project Management skills;
- Knowledge of training methodologies and training design;
- Self-initiator, pro-activeness and leadership qualities;
- Fluency in at least two African languages;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Appropriate tertiary qualification;
- Experience in training;
- Experience in materials development;
- Sound knowledge of HIV/AIDS sector;
- Experience in community development;
- Project Management;
- SETA/NQF requirements;
- Budgeting and reporting;
- Honesty, reliable, organised, ability to prioritise, attention to detail, integrity and patience.
Candidates living positively with HIV are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three current referees and motivational cover letter with indication of remuneration expectation to Asnath Shai at Asnath@aidsconsortium.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the AIDS Consortium, refer to www.ac.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.