Afrika Tikkun is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African townships.
Afrika Tikkun seeks to appoint an ECD Principal at Uthando Centre - Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will manage and support the all-round growth and development of Children and Staff according to the Centre’s educational and performance goals, developing and implementing proficient and effective educational programmes.
- Maintain records of the children including health records and photographs;
- Ensure that governmental health and safety regulations are maintained;
- Ensure that the ECD is hygienic and that the children are safe and healthy.
- Ensure that the correct children are attending the Early Childhood Development (ECD) programme;
- Manage the daily activities of the ECD programme;
- Manage the transport of the children;
- Ensure that the daily routine is maintained;
- Ensure that there is sufficient materials, toys, stationery and food for the children;
- Arrange and facilitate Governing Body and Parent meetings;
- Arrange outings for the children;
- Arrange an annual graduation ceremony for the children;
- Determine exit points and solutions for children in transit;
- Network with other NGO ECDs and staff from the various governmental departments to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Manage any donations received and allocate effectively;
- Arrange fundraising efforts for school fees of children in transit.
- Sign up ECD teachers and staff on voluntary service agreements;
- Develop, implement and train staff on educational programmes and activities.
- Provides feedback to the General Manager;
- Draw up reports on the children attending the ECD and the details and statistics of their home circumstances.
- Post matric qualification would be advantageous;
- Educational Qualification;
- NQF Level 6 Early Childhood Development (ECD);
- Minimum of two or two years as a ECD teacher;
- Previous experience in a management role would be highly advantageous;
- Strong administration ability and attention to details;
- Ability to engage at all levels of society;
- Ability to be proactive;
- Fully computer literate particularly with Microsoft Excel;
- Numeracy and communication;
- Project planning and management (advantageous);
- Competent, self-motivated, honest, integrity, friendly;
- Communication - Effective verbal and written communication ability;
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changing circumstances where required;
- Ability to organise and plan work;
To apply, submit a CV to Simphiwe Nzima at email@example.com or fax to: 086 668 0542.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Afrika Tikkun, refer to www.afrikatikkun.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.