Afrika Tikkun is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African townships.
Afrika Tikkun seeks to appoint a Donor and Government Relations, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate initiate and implement together with the team, donor and government relations, events and marketing initiatives for the company, positioning the company in the market and effectively promoting its efforts and value add to donors, public and government
- Government Relations, management of government grants/subsidies and reporting;
- Working with Community Centers to comply with government registration and regulation requirements as pertains to Western Cape Government;
- Support CT team to seek opportunities and apply for funding from relevant government departments ( DSD, Sports and Rec, DOE etc);
- Liaison with Western Cape Community Centers to ensure they are ready for site visits, employee volunteering events or any community based events;
- Donor Relations (Donor retention and engagement particularly employee volunteer management activities within our community centers);
- Working with the CT team to deliver world class events both community and corporate events;
- Handling donor site visits with corporates, government , individual and international donors;
- Supporting CT Marketing Team in Community Marketing;
- Information gathering from the community centers that will aid proposal and report writing;
- Individual Fundraising: Marketing the Cappuccino Campaign.
- Grade 12- Senior Certificate or Relevant certificate;
- Tertiary qualification - Marketing, Public Relations or Communication degree / diploma will be advantageous;
- Minimum of three years experience in community development, marketing, events and communications or similar;
- Information gathering;
- Ability to retain relationships with funders
- Event management particularly community based events or activities;
- Previous experience in implementing employee volunteer programs at communities;
- Customer Relationship Management;
- Government Proposal and Report Writing;
- Previous experience managing government relationships and grants;
- Willingness and experience of using database system to capture organizational Information;
- Highly computer literate (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook) and internet savvy;
- Creative ability to communicate essential;
- Communication – internal and external; clearly conveying information and ideas; ensuring understanding. Comprehending communication from others. Effective verbal and written communication ability;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Proposal and Report Writing;
- Information gathering
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate at all levels & handle stakeholder relationships (verbal, written, facilitation);
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures;
- Research skills and an ability to structure, organise & analyse information and processes in a logical & meaningful way (numeric/non-numeric);
- Networking and building relationships;
- Accurate data capturing and use of database systems;
- Ability to take initiative and develop innovative solutions to challenges;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Competent, self-motivated, honest, integrity and highly creative;
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changing circumstances where required;
- Assertive, diplomatic personality;
- Innovative thinker and problem solver;
- Must have the ability to clearly convey information and ideas both internally and externally;
- Attention to Detail - Ensuring that work is 100% accurate and completed with care. Must have an eye for detail and be creative to capture attention;
- Initiative - Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive;
- Flexibility - Must be able to adapt to changes within the organisation and be willing to work outside of set duties in order to move forward as a team;
- Creativity - Ability to think outside of the norm and construct innovative solutions and processes to achieve the required objectives;
- Self-Motivated - Must have ability to prioritise workload and continue without instruction at times.
To apply, submit a CV to Simphiwe Nzima at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fax application details to 086 668 0542.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Afrika Tikkun, refer to www.afrikatikkun.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.