Afrika Tikkun is an NGO that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African townships.
Afrika Tikkun seeks to appoint a Development Executive, based in Johannesburg.
Afrika Tikkun want to recruit a motivated person to build relationships culminating in the submission of proposals and grant applications to corporates, trusts, and foundations and conversion of at least 20% of donors approached to funding .
The Person will also be expected to raise the profile of the organisation and advancing the spirit of philanthropic giving.
Retain Existing Donors of Afrika Tikkun Secured by Self
- Phone calls , emails and meetings with existing donors with a view to retain interest;
- Donor employee engagement;
- To report back to the donors and measure return on investment;
- Continue cultivating a relationship with the donor until the next application process is introduced;
- Managing and engaging donor site visits as and when required.
Increase in Donor Giving by at least 10%
- Articulate good proposals requesting existing donors to increase donations by 10%
- Follow through with donors until conversions is obtained and monies banked.
Donor Solicitation and Cultivation
- Take advantage of opportunities to recruit new donors for Afrika Tikkun;
- Research, solicit, cultivate and convert at least six new donors per annum;
- Attend functions on behalf of the organisation with a view to identify donor prospects;
- Develop relationships with potential donors.
- Meet Target agreed with Manager (Minimum of R 1 Million in first year).
- To update the sales force system with all communications with donors and potential donors. This would also include the contact information, the current status and outcomes of the projects, the number of contacts made etc;
- Comply with the financial budget;
- Liaise with various stakeholders i.e. regional programme managers;
- Agree that salesforce reports will be the basis of discussion with Manager;
- Proposal and Report Writing.
- Grade 12—Senior Certificate or Relevant certificate;
- Tertiary qualification preferably in Sales, Marketing, Public Relations or Communication degree/diploma
- Minimum of three years or more experience in Fundraising and Marketing/Communications or similar;
- Information gathering;
- Understanding of the use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising;
- Report writing, accurate data capturing;
- Excellent communication skills and a mind for information- gathering along with experience in international and local donor relations;
- Proactive approach in seeking new partnerships through funding applications and grants;
- Ability to retain existing relationships and seek new opportunities;
- Knowledge and experience with major gifts from family trusts as well as high level global funding agencies.
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook) and internet savvy;
- Creative ability to communicate essential;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Information gathering;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate at all levels & handle stakeholder relationships (verbal, written, facilitation);
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures;
- Research skills and an ability to structure, organise and analyse information and processes in a logical and meaningful way (numeric/non-numeric);
- Networking and building relationships;
- Use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising;
- Proposal and Report writing, accurate data capturing;
- Ability to take initiative and develop innovative resolutions to challenges;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- IT Competency including internet;
- Microsoft Office and other packages also database management (CRM Sales Force).
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Simphiwe Nzima at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 668 0542.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you haven’t heard from Afrika Tikkun two weeks, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Afrika Tikkun, refer to www.afrikatikkun.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.