Africare seeks to appoint a Technical Advisor Health Systems Strengthening (HSS), based in Queenstown.
- Work with the COP and DCOP to set up health systems strengthening unit within Africare to support the Africare and DoH TB and HIV related HSS deliverables; Identify opportunities for integrating 'state of the art' approaches into the health strategy, providing technical and programmatic assessments and recommended strategies to pilot innovative interventions;
- Ensure linkages to Millennium Development Goals;
- In consultation with the DCOP, collaborate with other PEPFAR and Non-PEPFAR partners working in the area of HSS related activities to synergise the activities and resources;
- Support partnership in health promotion and demand creation for TB/HIV services and establishment MDR-TB management in CHD;
- Work closely with the DOH to identify priorities in terms of health sector human resource development, Quality Assurance / Quality Improvement, supply chain and assists DOH to address the gaps identified especially in areas related to HIV/AIDS, TB and laboratory with emphasis to facility levels;
- Maintain ongoing collaborations, participation in technical forums, and regular communications with DOH;
- Provide leadership and support to DOH to develop one district work plan;
- Support CHD to develop community system strengthening;
- Provide leadership and coordination of HCT, adult and Paediatric treatment and adult and Paediatric HIV care and support;
- Support the district to strengthen NACS in all sub-districts;
- Provide technical support and assistance to CHD to establish OVC and HBC systems in health facilities and community based organisations;
- Support the district to establish linkages of the health facilities to the community structures, including traditional practitioners;
- Support strategic health information to roll-out and strengthen ETR, TIER and DHMIS and procurement system including pharmacy assistant training system;
- Provide administrative support to DCOP and COP;
- Ensure the integration and implementation of gender mainstreaming for TB/ HIV and support the implementation of the gender activities and advocate for the inclusion of gender in strategic planning documents;
- Work with the national quality assurance / quality improvement office and facilitate strategy development, implementation and institutionalisation of the national Quality assurance/ Quality improvement programme within DoH and sustain quality assurance activities at national, district, sub district and health facility level.Coordinate district and sub-district work plan activities;
- Communicate with local training institutes to encourage ongoing collaboration, maintain quality implementation, and insure programme sustainability in light of plans for national program scale-up;
- Participate as a part of the Africare team in identifying gaps, barriers, and problems experienced by DOH and regional staff at all levels and propose possible solutions for technical or financial assistance and capacity building especially in the area of HSS;
- Support the district in conducting and monitoring skills audit in the district health care work force;
- Participate in relevant work or task teams in the district;
- Monitor and organise regular feedback for Coca Cola DEKA project;
- Support the Anglo American partnership in supporting health information and TB/HIV in minors in the district;
- Submit accurate and timely monthly activity and indicator reports to the DCOP.
- Three years’ work experience required in the area of designing, implementing health care human resource development;
- Public health management training background with strong HIV related experience preferred;
- Excellent writing, facilitation and communication skills;
- Proven management of large projects and multiple tasks;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with national and international working partners;
- In-depth specialist knowledge of HSS public health programmes, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of care and support programmes is desired;
- Knowledge of DOH healthcare systems and structures including familiarity with policies, programme priorities and regulations is desired;
- Proficiency in developing training curriculums modules and designing / implementing training programs. Extensive knowledge of relevant national guidelines and national / regional activities related to TB, HIV/AIDS, HIV and TB laboratory testing in the health system of South Africa and Chris Hani District.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and names of at least three contactable professional references to the Administrative Manager at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Africare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to workplace diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Africare, refer to www.africare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.