Africare seeks to appoint a Clinical Nurse Mentor, based in Camdeboo SD, Eastern Cape.
- Provide direct clinical training and mentorship to the healthcare workers at Africare supported sites on HIV and AIDS prevention, care, treatment and support services - which includes among others counselling and testing, adult/Paeds care and treatment, TB/HIV integration services including infection control and prevention, PMTCT and other prevention activities;
- Participate in regular outreach support and mentorship to NIMART approved Health Facilities;
- Ensure functional and efficient linkages between different components of the HIV and AIDS comprehensive management framework;
- Identify training needs and coordinate trainings in conjunction with the DCOP Programmes and government partners;
- Disseminate SOPs, Guidelines, and flow charts to onsite team, to ensure care and treatment services are aligned with South African Government National Guidelines for management of HIV and AIDS;
- Work with the M&E team, assist in monitoring and evaluation of the Care and Treatment Programme, with regular onsite data feedback to improve programme implementation;
- Conduct Africare mandated facility assessments in ensuring that the Comprehensive Model of Care is in place at all Africare supported sites and is being implemented qualitatively;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on activities to the DCOP Programmes;
- Support and contribute to any other relevant activities as agreed with the DCOP Programmes and other Senior Africare staff.
- Degree/Diploma in General Nursing Science, Community Nursing and Midwifery. Certificates in HCT, PMTCT, TB/HIV and NIMART. Diploma in Primary Health Care will be an added advantage;
- Registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse;
- Experience in providing HIV&AIDS services in South Africa public health sector;
- Good communication, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Computer literacy - Ms Word Suite;
- Valid driver’s licence and ability to travel extensively to facilities.
To apply, submit copies of CVs and details of three contactable employment references to the Administrative Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Africare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to workplace diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Africare, refer to www.africare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse