African Wildlife Foundation
The African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) is an international conservation organisation that works together with the people of Africa, to ensure that the wildlife and wild lands of Africa endure forever.
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African conservation and sustainable development. AWF is currently engaged in conservation efforts across its 9 African Heartlands. To ensure that AWF achieves its landscape level conservation goals in Africa, and particularly across West and Central Africa, there is a need to ensure a steady flow of high quality proposals and well serviced funding.
AWF seeks to appoint a Senior Programme Design Officer, based in Washington, DC (Dupont Circle).
The position will spearhead AWF’s resource mobilisation strategies from US government and other US-based public sector donors for the AWF Programme, with a focus on West and Central Africa.
The person will be under supervision of the Vice President for Programme Design.
- Working as an integral member of the AWF Programme Design team, the Senior Programme Design Officer (SPDO) will develop and steward relationships with US based public sector donors towards securing new funding for AWF’s Programme, with a particular responsibility for West and Central Africa;
- Lead the investigation and preparation of bids in response to specific funding opportunities;
- Support sound grant management and reporting;
- Enable analysis and documentation of lessons learnt;
- Document best practice within AWF and prepare technical publications.
- Postgraduate qualifications;
- Minimum of five years working experience;
- Strong track record of raising significant volumes of restricted funding;
- Experience in engaging in high level consultations with regards to programme design, ideally in the field of conservation in Africa;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and manage organisational relationships;
- Ability to conceptualise and write project documents including concept notes, proposals, work plans, log frames, budgets, and reports;
- Excellent computer and internet skills;
- Up to date understanding of bilateral and multi-lateral agencies;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Business development;
- Passion for conservation;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Team player.
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘SPDO- DC’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Be sure your motivation letter creates a clear linkage between your technical expertise, Africa, and AWF’s mission.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
For more about the African Wildlife Foundation, refer to www.awf.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.