African Wildlife Foundation
The African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) is an international conservation organisation that works together with the people of Africa, to ensure that the wildlife and wild lands of Africa endure forever.
AWF’s enterprise ventures represent millions of dollars of investment and span a range of sectors including conservation tourism, livestock management, agricultural production and marketing, and fisheries management.
AWF seeks to appoint a Programme Director Conservation Enterprise, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
S/he will provide the vision and intellectual capital needed to achieve sustainable conservation outcomes through commercial activity.
S/he will report directly to AWF’s President, and serve as a member of AWF’s senior program leadership team. S/he will form a strategic vision for furthering AWF’s conservation mission through opportunities created by commercial activity. In addition to expanding AWF’s portfolio of successful enterprises in the tourism sector, s/he will work to grow AWF’s impact in other critical sectors such as agriculture and livestock.
- Expanding AWF’s geographic presence;
- Help to identify conservation goals around which AWF’s efforts will be focused;
- Ensure that enterprises are designed to be both commercially viable and deliver on AWF’s desired conservation outcomes;
- Oversee AWF’s conservation enterprise team to ensure they are following best practices and delivering excellent enterprise projects within AWF’s conservation landscapes;
- Highly visible position - will be seen as a subject-matter expert in the field of social enterprise as applied in the context of African conservation;
- Ability and necessary private sector contacts to identify and develop enterprise opportunities across a variety of geographies and sectors;
- Be a visionary to position AWF as the go-to organisation for effective conservation-based social enterprises in Africa.
- MBA or Master’s in related field;
- Minimum of ten years experience;
- Natural leader;
- Project management experience;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Financial acumen;
- Negotiation expertise;
- Business development skills;
- Passion for conservation;
- Tourism exposition will be preferred;
- Knowlwdsge of English;
- Knowledge of French will be preferred.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with ‘PD-CE’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The motivation letter to summarise you vision for utilising social enterprise to further AWF’s mission.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
For more about the African Wildlife Foundation, refer to www.awf.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.