African Men for Sexual Health and Rights [AMSHeR]
African Men for Sexual Health and Rights [AMSHeR], one of Africa's biggest coalitions for the health and human rights of men who have sex with men/lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender [MSM/LGBT] persons, is looking for a new Finance Manager.
AMSHeR is a coalition of LGBT organisations formed to provide a response to the grave human rights violations faced by LGBT people and the disproportionate way in which HIV affects men who have sex with men (MSM) on the continent.
AMSHeR works through advocacy, information sharing, coalition building, networking, and exchanging advocacy tools and strategies within other movements including those that fight against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and HIV/AIDS status primarily in Africa but also around the world.
AMSHeR seeks to appoint a Executive Director (ED), based in Johannesburg.
The ED heads up the Secretariat, providing effective and visionary leadership to enhance AMSHeR’s regional role through fostering national, regional and international collaborative partnerships, leading the building of AMSHeR as the authoritative voice for African men in the MSM and LBGT sector. Specific responsibilities include leading organisational strategy development and review, engaging as a thought leader and strategic partner with relevant regional, national and international bodies, leading, guiding and ensuring reporting on all operational delivery including all programmes, finance, resource mobilisation, compliance and risk management, and supporting the process of enhancing membership capacity.
Suitably qualified candidates should have deep experience and knowledge of the MSM and the LGBT sector, related health sector issues facing key populations, and the development sector generally. The candidate should understand and support good governance processes in order to work effectively with the AMSHeR Board, and should be able to manage and optimize a dynamic senior team. The candidate should be comfortable engaging with senior government officials and ministers, and international representatives at forums such as the African Commission and the UN. Experience in advocacy and human rights work is important. The candidate should be a dynamic and charismatic leader who is recognized as an authority and is able to influence and drive the MSM and SOGI agendas effectively in the face of African countries’ opposition. AMSHeR works all over Africa and fluency in French would be a significant advantage.
- Postgrad degree in development, public health or equivalent, ideally a post grad qualification in Business Management, Commerce or Finance. Minimum of 10-12 years managerial experience, at least four at a senior level, preferably in HIV/AIDS, the MSM/LBGTI or development sector;
- MSM sector trends HIV sector trends;
- Audit and asset management;
- Board and committees;
- Budget/procurement management;
- Compliance (incl. King III);
- Delegations of authority employment Equity ActHR & Financial management systems;
- Internal Audit/internal controls;
- Labour relations Act;
- Risk management and system;
- Donors/sector stakeholders/Subject matter experts AMSHeR donor agreements;
- AMSHeR strategic plan;
- AMSHeR programmes and projects;
- Strategy management, system and process.
Skills and attributes:
- Analysis and interpretation coaching and mentoring communication – verbal and written;
- Conflict and performance management;
- Information systems management judgement and decision making;
- Meetings management;
- Monitoring and evaluation;
- Planning and prioritising;
- Policy and procedure management;
- Quality management and relationship management;
- Report writing;
- Resources mobilisation and management.
To apply, submit a CV, motivating letter which explains the exceptional skills held, a list of current referees, and any endorsements to Ingrid Obery at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about African Men for Sexual Health and Rights, refer to www.amsher.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.