African Legend is a nonprofit organisation run by passionate individuals who are determined to improve South Africa’s socio-economic situation by offering educational and skills development programmes for children from disadvantage areas. Projects include extra classes, maths and physics experiments, educational excursion, youth festivals, and sport events.
African Legend seeks to appoint a Volunteer Youth Sport Coach, based in Cape Town.
The person will provide leadership, instruction, and motivation for African Legend’s kids in the Soccer programme in Delft, Cape Town.
Candidate is responsible for planning and implementing program activities for a minimum of 2 hours a week.
- Supervision of a group of children between the ages of 11 to 17 years in Delft, Cape Town;
- Planning and implementing of program activities such as practices, drills, energizers, games, recreational activities and team building activities;
- To volunteer for 2 hours 1-2 days a week;
- Communicate regularly with program supervisor;
- Organise and puts away program supplies;
- Take attendance and maintains related records;
- Assist with the maintenance of the sites facility including site walk through, management of sports equipment, and pre and post safety checks;
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled;
- Communicate appropriately with programme participants on progress.
- Individual must demonstrate ability to lead program participants in an active setting;
- Ability to interpret African Legend program philosophies and relate them to participants in a positive manner;
- Candidate should know how to promote a positive environment with children, volunteers, and parents;
- Demonstrate good judgment, possess positive conflict resolution skills, be patient, enthusiastic and know how to appreciate the needs of children;
- Bilingual language skills preferred but not required;
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in program area;
- Interest in instructing youth in an active setting;
- Experience with a variety of sports;
- Commit to coach a minimum of 2 hours per week for the duration of at least three months;
- Must have own transport or be willing to travel to Delft, Cape Town;
- Note that this position is voluntary and will not be reimbursed and only petrol cost will be covered.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If your application has been successful, African Legend will send you a registration form which you need to complete and email back to us. Thereafter, we will arrange an interview with you.
For more about African Legend, refer to www.africanlegend.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.