African Leadership Academy (ALA)
African Leadership Academy (ALA) seeks to transform Africa by developing thousands of leaders for the continent over the next few decades. The Academy is founded on the philosophy that a new generation of ethical, committed leaders is the key to Africa’s development. ALA seeks to become training ground for these future leaders and draws the most outstanding students from all 54 countries in Africa to its campus in South Africa. Here, they build a powerful intellectual foundation and develop their leadership capacity through ALA’s unique curriculum in Entrepreneurial Leadership. Our unique curriculum seeks to empower every young leader with the skills necessary to lead on the African continent in the 21st century.
ALA seeks to appoint a Human Resources (HR) Associate, based at the ALA Campus, Johannesburg.
African Leadership Academy is searching for an HR Associate to drive professional development, human capital strategies, and talent acquisition for ALA. S/he will ensure that ALA continually identifies and builds a team of world-class professionals that enables the organisation to achieve its audacious goals.
- Delivery on one or more key HR functions such as recruitment, onboarding or training and development;
- Supporting the delivery of all other aspects of HR;
- Evaluating reports and analysing data to inform the department and the wider Academy’s decision making;
- Planning and co-ordinating community wide events, such as team off-sites and quarterly management meetings;
- Resolving employee issues as and when they arise.
- Be smart people-person who is passionate about education and human capital development;
- Have a minimum of three to five years of professional experience in an high paced Human Resources team;
- Specialisation in an HR discipline particularly one of: recruitment, on boarding (including immigration), training and development, organisational design and payroll is highly desirable;
- Dynamic, self-starter and are comfortable working in a fast changing entrepreneurial environment;
- Pay attention to detail, are well-organized, plan ahead and are able to juggle multiple tasks;
- Discreet and can manage high volumes of confidential information;
- Demonstrate creative-problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, are fluent in English, with knowledge of additional languages widely spoken on the African continent a plus;
- Passionate about Africa and thrilled by the prospect of supporting organization wide efforts to identify African youth who have the potential to become transformative ethical leaders for the continent;
- Embody the very type of leader the Academy aspires to create—you are an agent of positive change, and live up to our values of integrity, humility, compassion, excellence, curiosity, and diversity.
Compensation: A competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, will be provided.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “Human Resources Associate” as the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the African Leadership Academy, refer to www.africanleadershipacademy.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.