African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships
The African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) is a country-led, public-private development partnership between the Government of Botswana, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and MSD/Merck Company Foundation committed to enhancing Botswana’s national response to HIV/AIDS. ACHAP’s mission is to support Botswana’s national comprehensive HIV/AIDS strategy to prevent new HIV infections and to reduce the morbidity and mortality of HIV/AIDS.
ACHAP is now positioning itself for a new leadership role in the HIV response; focusing on innovative prevention approaches and a new phase of ACHAP's role in Botswana and southern Africa.
The Partnership seeks to appoint an exceptional Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation forward into these challenging new areas.
The CEO reports to the ACHAP Board.
- Doctoral level training in public health, health behaviour, health education, or medicine, and/or Masters level training in business administration (e.g., MBA) or equivalent business, private-sector experience;
- Minimum of eight years as chief executive or country director of a recognised, high performing organisation;
- Exemplary leadership skills and an ability to motivate highly skilled professionals;
- Experience working with or in both for-profit and non-profit organisations, including multi-sector partnerships to achieve desired public health outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to drive performance and results, utilising strong business skills and a private sector, strategic approach;
- Expertise in HIV/AIDS and/or disease treatment and prevention including in-depth knowledge of the complexities and challenges of HIV control in southern Africa;
- Ability to articulate the comparative advantage that ACHAP would bring to new, or existing, partnership arrangements;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with government, development, civil society and private sector organisations and to forge effective collaboration in a multi-stakeholder environment; Well-established relationships with leading funding and service agencies active in HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan and southern Africa;
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise and mobilise resources.
Proficiency and fluency in spoken and written English are mandatory.
The CEO shall be based in Gaborone, Botswana, with regular traveling to Programme sites. The CEO is recruited on a two-year contract, accompanied, with the option to renew on mutually agreed terms; The Remuneration and benefits are based on an internationally competitive and attractive salary scale.
SRI Executive Search has been retained by ACHAP to manage both internal and external applications for this prestigious role. Expressions of Interest with a full CV and supporting statement, highlighting your experience and skills against the requirements of the role should be submitted to Ms. Susan Waweru, Director, SRI Executive Search, Nairobi, Kenya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships, refer to www.achap.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.