Africa Craft Trust
The Africa Craft Trust is a Southern African nonprofit organisation that implements programmes to enable the growth of commercially viable craft enterprises and invests in the holistic support of crafters and the sector.
Africa Craft Trust seeks to appoint an Intern, based in Newtown, Johannesburg with potential travel in rural KwaZulu-Natal.
S/he will perform general administrative duties, other Trust activities and training programme support.
This is a five-month internship with the potential to develop into a longer term position depending on funding and performance.
- Logistics support for Trust activities, this includes phone calls, bookings, materials preparation and planning;
- General administration and finance including capturing data and reporting, database support, filing, answering and making calls, general office and Trust team support where necessary;
- Programme support including logistics, administration, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data collection and collation, potential travel to field and translation;
- Training programme support including logistics and bookings, preparation of training materials, contact with potential program participants, set up and logistics support during trainings;
- Communication and marketing support.
- Matric and some tertiary qualification and/or experience;
- Commitment, enthusiasm and interest in economic development and the craft sector;
- Passion, a ‘can do’ attitude and the drive to go the ‘extra mile’;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word and knowledge of social networking;
- Fluency in isiZulu.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Lauren Barkume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Africa Craft Trust, refer to www.africacrafttrust.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.