The Adopt-A-School Foundation is a registered section 21 company based in Johannesburg. The principal aim of the Foundation is to encourage and mobilise individuals and companies to adopt schools. The main focus of the project is to support the creation and enhancement of a conducive learning and teaching environment.
The Adopt-A-School Foundation’s strategic objectives are as follows:
- Identify Schools in need;
- Raise awareness of the dilapidated condition of schools in disadvantaged areas;
- Create opportunities for all stakeholders to get involved in improving schools in need;
- Mobilise support from individuals and companies to sponsor schools in need;
- Whenever possible, foster a time bound caring relationship between the school, community and the funder;
- Improve the academic, infrastructural, social and security environment in schools, by ensuring that schools have the necessary management and community leadership to support a conducive environment for teaching and learning;
- Work with communities to improve education.
The Adopt-a-School Foundation seeks to appoint a Junior Bookkeeper
Primary Purpose of Position: Assist in the management of the Foundation’s finances which includes but is not limited to recording financial transactions and reporting.
- Load new suppliers on both Accpac and Business Online timeously;
- Capture all financial transactions on Accpac – Cashbook, Payments, Invoices;
- Prepare supplier payments;
- Prepare supplier reconciliation before payment is made;
- Ensure invoices submitted for payment are VAT compliant;
- Ensure invoices are authorized for payment;
- Ensure that there is proper supporting documentation for all payment requests;
- Create payment batches on Business on Line;
- Prepare bank reconciliations on monthly basis;
- Manage office petty cash;
- Prepare weekly project expenditure reports;
- Ensuring that all original invoices are matched off with payments using quotes;
- Requesting supplier statements and reconciling accounts and requesting credit refunds if required;
- Banking details for all new schools are kept in a file for audit purposes;
- Assist with preparations for external audit;
- Filing of all finance related documents.
- Strong numerical skills;
- Coordinating skills to organise and maintain financial records;
- Administrative skills to monitor financial data and to interpret financial policies and procedures;
- Specific Requirements;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role, preferably in NGO sector;
- 3 year finance related qualification;
- Experience in use of ACCPAC;
- Valid Driver’s license.
Salary: A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, email a cover letter, detailing your interest in and suitability for the position, as well as a CV with the contact details of three references, to Nhlanhla Baloyi at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Adopt-A-School Foundation, refer to www.adoptaschool.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.