Adopt-A-School Foundation: Executive Assistant
Friday, June 29, 2012 - 16:11
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, July 6, 2012
The Adopt-A-School Foundation seeks to appoint an Executive Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide high-level administrative support and assistance to executive staff and coordinate activities to ensure a timely flow of information. The person is expected to have the ability to function efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure Foundation database is kept up to date and information is accurate;
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, reports and other documents;
- Conduct research, assemble and analyse data to prepare reports and other documents;
- Develop and maintain a system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming/internal requests or events;
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events;
- Prepare documents for executive committee meetings and circulate;
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of executive committee meetings;
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications;
- Assist in development of annual report;
- Answer and manage incoming calls;
- Receive and interact with visitors;
- Understand organisational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision making protocols are followed;
- Ensure that various administrative tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Minimum of three years work related experience supporting executives;
- Three years qualification in administration will be an added advantage;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work overtime;
- Experience working in the NGO sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve accomplishments;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to stay focused, efficient and effective in managing multiple priorities;
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to Nhlanhla Baloyi at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Adopt-A-School Foundation, refer to www.adoptaschool.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.