The Adopt-A-School Foundation is a registered section 21 company with PBO status that aims to encourage and mobilise individuals and companies to adopt schools. The main focus of the Foundation is to support the creation and enhancement of a conductive learning and teaching environment.
The Adopt-A-School Foundation seeks to appoint an Executive Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide high-level administrative support and assistance to executive staff and coordinate activities to ensure a timely flow of information. The person is expected to have the ability to function efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure Foundation database is kept up to date and information is accurate;
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, reports and other documents;
- Conduct research, assemble and analyse data to prepare reports and other documents;
- Develop and maintain a system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming/internal requests or events;
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events;
- Prepare documents for executive committee meetings and circulate;
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of executive committee meetings;
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications;
- Assist in development of annual report;
- Answer and manage incoming calls;
- Receive and interact with visitors;
- Understand organisational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision making protocols are followed;
- Ensure that various administrative tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Minimum of three years work related experience supporting executives;
- Three years qualification in administration will be an added advantage;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work overtime;
- Experience working in the NGO sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve accomplishments;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to stay focused, efficient and effective in managing multiple priorities;
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
Salary: A competitive salary package based on qualifications and experience will be negotiated.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to Nhlanhla Baloyi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Adopt-A-School Foundation, refer to www.adoptaschool.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.