Active Schools Initiative: School Facilitators
Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 17:10
Active Schools Initiative
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, May 4, 2012
ASI promotes play as a form of experiential learning and physical activities as important aspects of cognitive and social learning at primary school level. ASI´s "PLAY & LEARN" concept is based on an international educational approach. It aims to reduce bullying and violence on the school grounds and strengthens the personal resources of children by providing opportunities for social learning and personal development. ASI wants to empower children to cope with their difficult living conditions and to become change agents and positive role models in their schools, neighbourhoods and communities.
ASI seeks to appoint two trainees to become School Facilitators at partner schools in Langa/Gugulethu and Delft/Mitchells Plain, Cape Town.
This is a part-time position (maximum 24 hours per week) during normal school hours as ASI´s ´Play & Learn´ Programme will be facilitated during the schools´life-orientation periods.
S/he will report back to the National Coordinator and the Coordinator for Training & Education.
- Facilitation of ASI´s Play & Learn Programmes at respective partner schools;
- Planning and documentation of ´Play & Learn´sessions;
- Responsibility for ASI´s working equipment at partner schools;
- Communication with teachers and principals;
- Coordination of child trainers and interval programme;
- Facilitation of workshops and holiday programmes;
- Weekly staff meetings;
- Report writing (monthly basis);
- Assistance in conducting evaluation surveys at partner schools.
- Must be from the schools´ surrounding in Langa, Delft and Mitchells Plain and candidates should be positive role models in their communities;
- Minimum Grade 10 / matriculants will be preferred;
- Age - preferably 18-30 years old;
- Passion and patience for children;
- Time management skills, responsibility, honesty, committment, flexibility and team player;
- Good communication skills - ability to read, write and speak in two official South African languages - English and Afrikaans (languages at the respective partner schools);
- Experience as a facilitator or a volunteer in the community will be of benefit for this position.
To apply, submit a CV with contact details of two references and a thoughtful motivation letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you have not been contacted by 15 May 2012, consider your application as unsuccessful.
ASI reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
For more about ASI, refer to www.asi.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.