ActionAid South Africa
The vision of ActionAid International is a world without poverty in which every person can exercise their right to a life of dignity.
ActionAid International South Africa (AAISA) seeks to appoint a Women’s Rights Coordinator, based in Johannesburg.
ActionAid South Africa seeks to recruit individuals who are activist-orientated staff who also consider themselves to be subject expert in the programme areas advertised. Applicants therefore need to be able to illustrate considerable sector expertise in the applied for programmatic areas. Further requirements include:
- Ability to conceptualize and carry out campaigns and influence decision makers;
- Relevant educational qualifications (ideally, at least a Master’s degree level qualification for programme management);
- Minimum of five years work experience in a similar or related organisational setting;
- Proven ability to write for different audiences with excellent written and spoken English;
- Experience in participatory approaches to working at community level;
- In possession of an unendorsed drivers license and fully computer literate;
- Candidates must be able and willing to travel for work purposes, both within South Africa and abroad as the need arises.
New appointees are expected to commence work in January 2013.
Progressive thinkers actively committed to and living the principles of anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-homophobia, anti-zenophobia are encouraged to apply.
Only South African candidates or those with a permanent residence will be considered.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ActionAid SA is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified black women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more about ActionAid South Africa, refer to http://tinyurl.com/brxp5t5.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.