ActionAid South Africa
ActionAid SA is looking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to take on the role of M&E Officer. The position shall be responsible for enhancing the quality and effectiveness of programmes through implementation of M&E systems; and the assessment of programmes in accordance with Action Aid's frameworks and methodologies. You will be working in a fast paced, stimulating and fun environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Three year Fixed Term Contract on Local Terms and Conditions
A total cost to company package of between R320’000 and R350'00 per annum is offered in relation to experience
Start Date: 16 February 2015, or as soon as possible
Duties my include but not limited to:
Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Lead monitoring and evaluation of donor funded projects;
- Support programming staff within AASA in the development of systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data as they implement the M and E framework in the region and LRP;
- Undertaking baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives.
- Participate in proposal development, in particular the development of the M&E framework for funded projects;
- Lead monitoring and evaluation of donor funded projects.
Stakeholders /Partnership management and development
- Support partners' M and E focal persons for effective monitoring of project implementation and partnership;
- Organise and coordinate lessons learning workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders.
Communication and knowledge management
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing;
- Contribute stories of change from LRPs to the national consolidation processes;
- Develop and maintain effective information database on projects, providing resource and necessary support for program inputs and outputs.
- Support management of regional and LRP M and E activities and budget.
Planning and reporting
- Support to all planning and reporting functions in the CP.
- Support development of annual monitoring and evaluation framework for the CP;
- Oversee the donor funded project reviews;
- Contribute to development of tools for programme implementation; build staff and partners' capacity in M and E.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Development related subjects;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in an NGO environment;
- An understanding of Action Aid's M&E systems would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of research methods.
- Ability to translate and communicate research findings;
- Knowledge of data analysis software ( e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS Epi Info, ENA for SMART) and MS office suite (word- processing, spreadsheets and databases) is required;
- Must be able to pay attention to detail;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Result- oriented and team player;
- Proactive communicator, able to build relationships and provide support across a range of work areas;
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to work on a number of projects at once;
- Willingness to travel often to rural and urban areas;
- Strong cross cultural awareness, able to work effectively with diverse working styles;
- Can work both independently, and well as with others;
- Fluency in English is required, as well as at least one other South African language;
- Flexible and enthusiastic;
- Show initiative and be self-motivated;
- Driver’s License;
- High level of integrity;
- A strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AAI’s vision, mission, values and strategy.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter before the closing date of 18 January 2015, to email@example.com. Interviews will be held in Johannesburg between 30 January and 06 February 2015. Please indicate in the subject line of your email, the position for which you are applying.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid South Africa will not consider candidates from recruitment agencies.
ActionAid South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.